DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Royalty Free Music Software? Sonicfire? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/39338-royalty-free-music-software-sonicfire.html)

Matthew Stokes February 12th, 2005 05:19 PM

Royalty Free Music Software? Sonicfire?

Hello all! My first post here...wohoo!

I was at the Videoforum, London last week, and there was a stand demo'ing Smartsounds SonicFire Pro. Im starting a corperate video company, starting from scratch, Im going to need a good bank of copy right free music...is this a good way to go? I dont have any copyright free music at all, so this seems a good investment, isnt it??! What else is out there? Anything do the same job, only better??

As its fairly pricey, does anyone happen to be selling their copy??!!!! : )

David Yuen February 13th, 2005 12:35 AM

Highly recommended

Here is a good review of the product.

I use SonicFire Pro all of the time because I am not a musician and building my own loops and trimming them to the right length would be a nightmare. This is the beauty of its flexibility: you dial in the length and it cranks out a song at right about that length, as if the song were written that way, fully orchestrated. You have the option of different intros and some of their Producer series even offers the cut-down version (without the lead instrument) as alternative track.

All of this royalty-free, so you can feature it in any and all of your commercial productions. Check out their showcase to see how their music has been used.

The priciness is because you can adjust its length rather than you adjusting to its length. From time to time, I go through the libraries and listen to all of the songs just to see what images go through my mind. Later on, during a project, I'll have a better idea of what music to use.

You may want to try eBay.

Douglas Spotted Eagle February 13th, 2005 12:39 AM

Sonic Fire is a really good tool for some folks. It allows limited freedom in using pre-built music.

Next down is ACID from Sony or Soundtrack from Apple.

Next down, you're into the world of hiring a local musician

Then you move into the world of totally creating your own.

Of course these are all options that move beyond simply buying a library.
Recently, I needed music NOW! I had a client that demanded something by end of day for her boss, and no time to create anything. I went to Acidplanet.com, found 4 tunes that met the criteria, and emailed the authors. ALL FOUR responded with "You bet you can use the music, I just want a credit" except for one guy. He asked for 25.00, plus a license that allowed me to make not more than 50 copies. Smart guy. I bought. Client happy. Check cashed.

Graham Bernard February 13th, 2005 03:03 AM

Video forum?

Hell, I didn't seeyah? ;-)

Anyways, in conjunction with Sony Vegas, I use a AKM's - UK based very freindly approachable firm, also at Video Forum - GoTrax a helluva lot. . Great music.

I did a review of their new GoTrax music system for our Institute of Videography, where I explained the value of their section based music loops. You gotta 2 minute you want a part of Go Trax to extend across? Then you just pull it! So, you have maybe 15 or 20 parts to a piece of music and you can quickly and neatly copy paste the loops of THAT part of the that arrangment. Its kinda like ACID but has the added advantage of being thematically based to the actual emotion, pace and effect of the stream.

Here yah goes .. check out GoTrax . ..

http://www.akmmusic.co.uk/

PLUS I use ACID pro when I got some time to experiment. Sometimes I build videos around my ACID concotions!

Grazie

Carl Walters February 13th, 2005 02:17 PM

I am also looking at Smartsound to use with Premiere pro. I notice on the smartsound website that they do a ppro version plug in. Am I correct in thinking that the normal version just has to have the time entered and a soundtrack to that length will be made, which can then be imported in, and the ppro version will only work within ppro in a similar manner. If so i think the normal version would be the better buy so it can be used for other projects?

Matthew Stokes February 13th, 2005 04:27 PM

Your help has been much appreicated! I have now gone and ordered the software, and its great! All I need now is a bigger selection on music to use. To any users have any music CD's for sale???!!!

(Thanks again!! )