DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   how can I start thread in Adobe Audition user forum? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/499988-how-can-i-start-thread-adobe-audition-user-forum.html)

Malcolm Hamilton August 24th, 2011 07:05 PM

how can I start thread in Adobe Audition user forum?

Hi there,
Maybe I'm being completely dense, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to post a question on the Adobe Audition user forum. I can see that the Mac forum is marked 'read-only', but the main Adobe Audition 5.5 is not marked like this. But I can't see a 'New Thread' button anywhere, or any other way to post a question of my own.
I've registered Audition, and have a user name and everything that logs me in perfectly. But when I get in there, I can't ask a simple question. I tried to find a contact email for Adobe so I could ask someone there, but had absolutely no luck.
Any help would be appreciated!
Malcolm

Allan Black August 24th, 2011 10:09 PM

Re: how can I start thread in Adobe Audition user forum?

Maybe you have to wait till your application is approved .. usually takes a day or two. If it doesn't come through see if you can contact 'em on their site.

Cheers.

Vincent Oliver August 24th, 2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malcolm Hamilton (Post 1677415)
But when I get in there, I can't ask a simple question. I tried to find a contact email for Adobe so I could ask someone there, but had absolutely no luck.
Any help would be appreciated!
Malcolm

What Audition information do you need, maybe someone here can help.

Malcolm Hamilton August 27th, 2011 05:25 PM

Hi there,
Vincent, I think I recognize your name from the Sony EX-1 forum.
Actually, someone already answered my question (how do 'activate' the Classic Knee plug-in), but I was quite frustrated at not being able to ask it on the Adobe forum dedicated to Audition. And I know that as I use Audition a bit more, I'll have more questions...
I will check to see if Allan's right about a delayed connection (while the registration gets acknowledged) when I get back to my office (I'm currently travelling).
Thanks for your posts, everyone.
Malcolm

Vincent Oliver August 28th, 2011 01:34 AM

Yes, I am the same Vincent who also post's on the Sony EX forum.

I have been a user of Audition since version 2.0 and was disappointed when it was left out of CS3, CS4 & CS5 \premium collection, in favour of Soundbooth. Now with CS5.5 it has been reintroduced, although welcomed I think it seems to be a modification of Soundbooth. I still have to do some more clicking about to find the full potential of this version.

Jim Andrada August 30th, 2011 10:02 PM

Hmmm - I always thought they had just renamed it as Soundbooth - could be/probably am completely wrong.

Vincent Oliver August 31st, 2011 01:04 AM

SoundBooth is a cut down version of Audition, primarily aimed at the videographer rather than the sound engineer. Audition CS5 seems to be a marriage of the two, albeit you can still have the "Classic" view rather than the SoundBooth "look a like". Bottom line is - it is very good.