DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Kudos to Rode! Register your mics.... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/529089-kudos-rode-register-your-mics.html)

Steven Digges July 14th, 2015 05:26 PM

Kudos to Rode! Register your mics....

I have read on this board before about Rode mics having legendary customer service. It is true.

I have a Rode NT1A I have been using for 7 or 8 years. It developed a short and started cutting in and out. I went to their site and registered it for the free 10 year warranty extension available for all Rode mics.

Super simple registration, no hoops to jump trough, no proof of purchase required, just easy. And I was doing it after the fact and they didn't care. I got a RMA and sent it in. It came back in just two weeks with a new capsule installed.

Great service, great warranty, great deal. If you own a Rode mic I highly recommend you go to their site and register it for your free ten year extension. In this day and age of gear with ever shrinking self life 10 years is awesome! And all is cost me was outbound shipping, that was it.

Kudos to Rode! With some other companies I would have expected to hear "We don't support that device anymore, not them.

Steve

Andrew Smith July 14th, 2015 06:13 PM

Re: Kudos to Rode! Register your mics....

Verily, Rode are awesome.

I had purchased a Rode PinMic and was having extreme difficulty getting decent audio levels through to the camera when connecting it through my Sony UWP-V2 wireless kit. The support guy worked out when I had purchased etc (and probably that the correct Micon adapter wasn't available at that time) and posted the proper Micon adapter out to me. No fuss, no charge.

More recently I noticed that my blimp with the NTG3 mounted inside had lost a screw and the mic suspension mechanism inside had become loose. Phoned Rode about getting a replacement screw and they sent out a package with a whole bunch of what must every screw that could ever conceivably come loose.

These guys are common-sense generously awesome!!!

Andrew

Nate Haustein July 14th, 2015 06:44 PM

Another one here. Needed a tiny screw for the NTG3. Called them up, talked with a real person with technical knowledge of the products, and a few days screws showed up in the mailbox - problem solved. I also appreciated that there was common sense involved and they didn't require a full RMA process to replace one tiny little external screw.

Andy Wilkinson July 15th, 2015 03:22 AM

Totally agree about Rode customer service. Had experience of it when I bought a NTG3 (at launch - 2008 I think) and mine developed a fault on my first shoot with it. Then, a couple of years back, concerning the cradle on my (original/first generation) Rode Videomic Pro. In both cases the customer support was nothing short of PERFECT in every way.

And hey, they make blummin good mics, suitable for all sorts of applications too - what's not to like!