DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Looking for Oktava Hyper Elements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/53415-looking-oktava-hyper-elements.html)

Dan Brown October 26th, 2005 07:27 PM

Looking for Oktava Hyper Elements

I guess this is a WTB post (hope that is OK?). I've got a nice pair of MK 012's with the Cardioid elements and -10dB pads. I was hoping somebody had the HyperCardioid elements they didn't need. Assuming they are interchangeable?

Thanks and feel free to delete if this is improper.

Matt Gettemeier October 26th, 2005 08:42 PM

Best place to buy is right HERE CLICK

$64 each and I don't know how long this deal will be going, but I think you can enter "DV" in the coupon code at checkout for an extra 5% off.

This is where I get everything Oktava.

Dan Brown October 27th, 2005 07:55 AM

Thanks Matt. Looks easy enough, although it is a bit of a bitter pill since I got my 012's at GC for $50 each :(o) And, they have been really excellent performers for interviews, vocals, acoustic guitar and general video sound pick-up.

Matt Gettemeier October 27th, 2005 08:19 AM

Please check out the sticky thread at the top of this forum regarding Oktavas. You can skim through it pretty quick and that will explain a lot about Oktavas.

I wouldn't sweat your choice of GC Oktavas, because you may have some sweet sounding mics there and they may look like Oktavas, and the Oktava caps may fit on there and work okay, but there's a reason you got those for $50 each and why the caps from sound-room are still a bargain at $64 each.

That's the same reason I always tell everybody to just get the Oktava hyper from SR in the beginning for $165*... you get the hyper cap that you want as part of a genuine Oktava mic... and now there's a great extra perk... you can set yourself apart from the crowd by getting them in a beautiful BLACK finish!

*This price may not stay this low forever, but the owner of sound-room was very receptive when I suggested they offer the Oktava as a hyper-only kit instead of the usual cardioid-only kit, since the hyper is what we need for video. He even offered an extra 5% discount to the DVinfo members that you get by typing "DV" in the coupon code box when you order!

Why not patronize the smaller pro-shops that show they care about us and address the needs of videographers?

The GC Oktava-copies may work and sound okay, but you're getting a different mic altogether. It's not what it appears to be on the outside.

Dan Brown October 27th, 2005 10:50 AM

Thanks again. I got my 012's about a year ago, they are Russian units, as described on the link you mentioned. But, I would go through SR for any new purchases, given the Chinese problems out there. As of now, I don't think GC is carrying any Oktava mics.