DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   ew-100 and JVC HD 100 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/98742-ew-100-jvc-hd-100-a.html)

Mekhael Trepanier July 11th, 2007 10:47 PM

ew-100 and JVC HD 100

ok sorry for the question but im 100% new to audio...

ive found a local deal on a senhiser wireless system ew100.

the guy whos selling it tells me that the one part that gets mounted to the actor is battery powered.
but the other part that gets mounted to the camera requires power.

is there a way to connect this to a camera ?? i shoot mostly at the mountain and there isn't exactly anywhere to plug into for power.

i have a JVC hd 100 with an Anton bower gold mount and dinoic 90 battery.

theres two ports on the side of the camera one says DC input the other line output ??

do either of these solve my problem ?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

MEKHAEL

Chris Soucy July 11th, 2007 11:00 PM

Hi Mekhael...........

Well, if it's a standard EW100, the camera unit is also battery powered (2 X AA's) so your dealer is talking through his hat or it's not an EW100.

The two ports you mentioned don't solve any problem at all - they're irrelevant.

Two thing to check:

(you don't have a location I can see, so I don't know where you are) is that the frequency set for the system you're buying is relevant to the country you're in - there have been any number of cases where people have bought systems meant for other countries only to find the frequency spectrum of their kit is totally inappropriate - check the Sennheiser web site for the correct frequency spectrum for your country.

Check also that the kit comes with an O/P lead for the camera unit that matches the mic I/P on your camera. If it doesn't then you can't connect it. Ditto with the I/P lead from the mic to the transmitter - if it's a "proper" Senn kit this should be fine with the Senn lav, but you may need an extra cable to go from an XLR out mic to the transmitter should you decide/ need to use one.

Hope this helps.

CS

Mekhael Trepanier July 11th, 2007 11:38 PM

chris i sent you an email
i hope you got it ??
your answeres help some

this is a copy of the add that i found the unit for sale

This is a Sennheiser EW-100 wireless system consisting of a true diversity receiver and bodypack transmitter.

Included in this package are an XLR and submini adaptor cable as well as the power supply and owners manual. There is no lav mic - you'll have to purchase one.

All components working perfectly and in excellent condition.

i just want to know that the whole thing will work for me

the seller tells me that the unit that would hook up to my camera requires power. but there might be a way to power it from the camera ???

Chris Soucy July 12th, 2007 12:09 AM

Whoops - wrong again..

Of course, the diversity reciever system is most definately mains powered, my error. You fooled me with the "camera mounting" thing.

As I said in my mail, it's worth looking at the G2 system, as that most definately is battery powered both ends.

Sorry for the confusion.

CS

Brian Luce July 12th, 2007 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Soucy (Post 710706)

(you don't have a location I can see, so I don't know where you are) is that the frequency set for the system you're buying is relevant to the country you're in - there have been any number of cases where people have bought systems meant for other countries only to find the frequency spectrum of their kit is totally inappropriate -

CS

I didn't know this. What's the issue exactly? that your mic is transmitting over channels dedicated to police operations?