DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   New XHA1 Footage from shipping version of Letus Extreme (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/106707-new-xha1-footage-shipping-version-letus-extreme.html)

Steven Dempsey October 28th, 2007 10:54 AM

New XHA1 Footage from shipping version of Letus Extreme

Didn't spend much time doing color correction so don't worry about that. I used a whole host of lenses for this stuff, all Nikons...

24mm f2.8
28mm f2.8
35mm f2.0
50mm f1.8
100mm f2.8
200mm f4.0

I've included some shots at the end that show how the bokeh looks.

www.dvxuser.ramjetfilms.com/New_Extreme.wmv

Doug Davis October 28th, 2007 11:47 PM

Nice.... I liked the shots....

Jason Sovey October 29th, 2007 12:46 AM

As always, great footage.

Would it be possible for you, on the video, to list the lens in use for the particular shot? I'm still new to my FE, and it would be a nice visual aid, as I decide which lenses to buy next. So far I have a 24mm 2.8 and a 50mm 1.4. 100mm seems the next logical purchase. Thanks again!

Kyle Prohaska October 29th, 2007 03:06 PM

I know you've said you eyeball some shots with the onboard LCD. Did you do that for these shots?

- Kyle

Mickey Mackwan October 30th, 2007 03:48 AM

Great footage as always
just a personal question, steven if you were to go to africa to shoot what would you take along , would you still use the adapter or use the camera without the adapter ??
also what other things would you consider taking along with you ?? if possible can you also tell me the model name and stuff
am sorry to bother you again and again but this will help me out a lot..

Chris Soucy October 30th, 2007 04:43 AM

Well now........

I haven't taken a blind bit of notice of these adapters till now (damn new fangled bits of cr**) sort of stuff, but, I do have to say, the shallow DOF on those shots takes me back to when I was a kiddie on my Grandpappy's knee with my Nikon F1.

Oh, the fun we would have.

OK, lets cut the ****, seriously good images, I'm jealous about that shallow DOF, how's it done?

Anyone care to enlighten an ignoramus? Or do I really have to do the DVinfo "trawl of death" to find out?

BTW Steven, good work. No, beautifull is more appropriate, I believe.

CS

Steven Dempsey October 30th, 2007 07:16 AM

Thanks Chris, here's a link that explains how it all works: http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/dof/index.htm

Mickey, I'll respond to your question a little later.

Jason, not sure I have the time to do that. I'll let you know.

thanks

Joseph Kassana October 30th, 2007 08:58 AM

Stephen, I've always been an admirer of your work,keep at it. Just a question, do you colour grade your footage? Because the colours are amazing!

Steven Dempsey October 30th, 2007 09:16 AM

Thanks Joseph. The only grading I do for these tests, per se, is a levels adjustment, just barely crushing the blacks so the colors will pop. Other than that, I'm just using my VIVIDRGB preset (available from the presets area of this forum). I have the chroma at 0 and the sharpness at 0...I think they were the only adjustments from the preset I made.

Mickey,
If I was given an opportunity to shoot in Africa, I would only use an adapter for about 5% of my shots. Let's face it, for wildlife shots and wide landscape shots, the Canon lens is more than adequate. I would only use the adapter for some specialty shots.

Mickey Mackwan October 30th, 2007 02:11 PM

Thanks steven for the response.....

Nicholas Tran October 30th, 2007 02:59 PM

Darnit Steven,

I'm sitting here watching all your Letus Extreme footage while mine is sitting in limbo after ordering it 3 weeks ago. I know they are backed up and it takes 3-4 weeks, so hopefully the wait will be over soon.

I guess I shouldn't torture myself watching your footage, but I can't help it. It's like a bug into the light!

Doug Davis October 30th, 2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicholas Tran (Post 767424)
Darnit Steven,

I'm sitting here watching all your Letus Extreme footage while mine is sitting in limbo after ordering it 3 weeks ago. I know they are backed up and it takes 3-4 weeks, so hopefully the wait will be over soon.

I guess I shouldn't torture myself watching your footage, but I can't help it. It's like a bug into the light!

Ya, mine was ordered 10-8... They said it is suppose to ship tomorrow... We'll see....

Miguel Torres October 30th, 2007 10:13 PM

Letus

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicholas Tran (Post 767424)
Darnit Steven,

I talked to Hien tonight and he said the last batch was shipping tonight so hopefully ours will be in that batch :)

Peter Szilveszter October 31st, 2007 05:29 PM

As usual Steven some great shots and shows how well the letus works, this is propably one of the few examples I've seen which looks very clean from a 35mm adapter. Makes me wish I could afford to get one of these babies because I've got 4 great nikon lenses sitting around from my old Slr camera. Inspiring stuff Steven!!