DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   New Letus XL under development (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/107328-new-letus-xl-under-development.html)

Colin Lahana November 6th, 2007 05:55 AM

New Letus XL under development

I was making enquiries with Letus over the past few days on using the Letus Extreme with the H1. They were very prompt in responding to my emails and they advise that they are busy developing a Letus XL adaptor that would fit directly to the camera body of the H1. Also under development is a fully automatic one that will be able to control the aperture on Canon EF lenses.

Sounds great and will be worth wating for.

Will Griffith November 6th, 2007 09:29 AM

GREAT news. I thought no one would
actually try too do that.

I can only guess how good our
16-35 will look on it.

John Benton November 6th, 2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Lahana (Post 770956)
I was making enquiries with Letus over the past few days on using the Letus Extreme with the H1. They were very prompt in responding to my emails and they advise that they are busy developing a Letus XL adaptor that would fit directly to the camera body of the H1. Also under development is a fully automatic one that will be able to control the aperture on Canon EF lenses.

Sounds great and will be worth wating for.

the Letus XL already fits directly on the body of the H1
But I wonder if Quen has cleared up the magnification issue

Colin Lahana November 6th, 2007 02:08 PM

Messsage from Letus

John,

Part of the email I got from Letus :-

" The XL version will fit straight onto the body of the XL and will have relays for focusing. This unit probably won't be completed for a few months as we are still in the testing stages. It will be similar to our older model Letus XL but we are trying to make a modular addon so those with the regular Extreme can simply attach a module and have an XL version ready to go.

Currently our EF mount requires the user to set the aperture on the body of a Canon camera and then disconnect it to "lock" that f-stop in. You can then attach it to the adapter and use the lens at this f-stop. This is clunky but it is a less expensive option over a fully electronic EF mount (which we are also working on)."

What magnification issue are you refering to. With the adaptor connected direct to the body do you not get the same magnification when it is fitted to the XL lense? I wondered about that.

Dale Stoltzfus November 6th, 2007 04:17 PM

Now, if they can get that to work, I will be seriously interested. Thanks for the info!

Jean-Philippe Archibald November 6th, 2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Lahana (Post 771191)
John,

What magnification issue are you refering to. With the adaptor connected direct to the body do you not get the same magnification when it is fitted to the XL lense? I wondered about that.

I think he is talking about de 1.9X manification factor introduced with the use of the Letus35 XL version. a 20mm lens on the letusXL is effectively a 38mm.

Marty Hudzik November 13th, 2007 07:48 AM

I would assume the purpose of this is the get the LetusXL up to the quality of the Extreme?

The biggest issues would be less light loss (1/2 stopp please???) and a sharper image. I used the LetusXL and I liked the results but even in focus images looked a little soft. The images I am seeing from the Extreme are very encouraging. Also, the 1.9x magnification is a pretty big downer. Hope that can go to 1:1 ration also.