DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Welcome to our new P+S forum (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/14318-welcome-our-new-p-s-forum.html)

Chris Hurd September 9th, 2003 03:28 PM

Welcome to our new P+S forum

Howdy from Texas,

We're getting enough traffic about the P+S Technik converter series that it's warranting its own specific forum. The Mini35 is no longer limited to XL1 and XL1S applications, but is now available for a variety of DV camcorders. The Pro35 version for 2/3" broadcast cameras may be discussed here also.

Your host for this info-feasting is Mizell Wilson, from our sponsor dealership ZGC in Mountain Lakes, New Jersey. ZGC is the U.S. distributor of P+S Technik 35mm converters and he's an expert on the topic. Y'all are in excellent hands... enjoy,

Dan Diaconu February 11th, 2005 10:05 PM

So, is THIS the specific P+S forum or all the threads under this topic? I also saw "PRO35 demo" and "FAQ" without traffic. No discussions, no replies. So which one is it? All three? And where is all the traffic going? On which one is Mr. Mizell responding to enquiries?
Sorry, just trying to figure it out.

Rob Lohman February 14th, 2005 05:08 AM

I'm not exactly sure what you are getting at...

P + S Technik Digital Image converters is a forum (room) to talk
about the various adapters this company makes, including the
Mini35 and PRO35 etc.

You can browse the forum to see which threads exist or do a
search (button in upper right cornern and select this forum to
search in from one of the pulldowns). If your question is not yet
answered then create a new thread with a title that covers the
question.

The threads you mention inside this forum are notice threads
that where created by this forum's moderator (wrangler) and
sponsor. The FAQ is there to answer the most asked questions
and the other thread points to a way to get a DVD to look at
the footage the rigs can produce.

Why would there be a need for replies in those threads/notices?

I hope this helps!

Dan Diaconu February 14th, 2005 10:10 AM

Sorry Rob,
It looks like there are quite a few threads under this specific topic (like movietube aso) that I did not make the connection with P+S adapter. I was expecting a very narrow field of discussion in which people that have/are using them (the mini35 and Pro35) share their experiences on the set (other than a few "demo clips avail" and such) Just specific "how did it work in "such and such" environment, how we did that, lens used, matte boxes used, "real life experiences and excitement" is what I was looking for(I guess). That's all.

Charles Papert February 14th, 2005 10:45 AM

Dan,

If this helps, there is a lengthy article detailing the use of the Mini35 on a high profile series of webfilms for American Express starring Jerry Seinfeld that I wrote for this site here. It's getting a little dated now in terms of the technology (prior version of the Mini35) and the films are no longer viewable on the web, as far as I know. Other than that, perhaps it is more along the lines of what you are looking for.

Dan Diaconu February 14th, 2005 04:08 PM

Thanks a lot Charles,
I read that article a while ago.
Like I said, looks like not that many shooters have the time to share their experience with mini/pro here. However, the forum is active and useful just not on the line I was expecting.

Rob Lohman February 16th, 2005 04:56 AM

I'm still a bit confused. One of the reasons there isn't much traffic
or talk here is that only a handful of people are actually using the
device (much). It is a very expensive piece of gear! The things you
are looking for are definitely here. I've seen threads describing
what lenses where used etc. But you are right that this forum isn't
too heavy yet on actual production reports etc. It's mostly a Q & A
kind of thing.

But if you are looking for specific set use/info with a mini35 you
can try to post a question and see if some people with experience
(like Charles with his article) are going to drop in with their stories.

Dan Diaconu February 16th, 2005 01:47 PM

Thank you Rob,
I do not have a specific question. I was just curious to read more FB from production.