DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   mini35 for the JVC JY-HD10U?? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/14943-mini35-jvc-jy-hd10u.html)

John Eriksson September 24th, 2003 07:31 PM

mini35 for the JVC JY-HD10U??

Mini35 for the JVC JY-HD10U??

Is the P+S Technik and you guys going to make an jy-hd10u/e adapter for the mini35 anytime soon?

Could you please expand on this subject please:
Eric Bilodeau said on the forum http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=50 for the JVC JY-HD10U High Definition camera :"I tested the mini35 with a pd150/vx2000 adapter on the JVC HD10, though it is not made for it it worked (not perfectly) but it worked."

see the link:

..explain more how did he get it to work??

are they developing an adapter for the mini35 to fit JVC JY-HD10U??

Elmar Tewes September 25th, 2003 08:21 AM

i received a info from P&S a few weeks ago.
they show(ed) a new mini35 version on the IBC2003 and a new kit to attach the JVC JY-HD10U.
the new adapter seems to has the following features:

Features of the new 400 Series Mini35Digital Image Converter:

1. Ground glass now oscillates instead of spins, eliminating center point.
2. Low Noise
3. Simultaneous start/stop of camera and Mini35.
4. Easier to maintain.

source: P&S technik info letter from 08.09.2003

Mizell Wilson September 25th, 2003 01:41 PM

Hey guys,

The 400 Series adapter was shown at IBC along with the new connecting kit for the Panasonic AG-DVX100.

While P+S is planning on the JVC JY-HD10U as the next camera to be adapted for, they have not yet announced an official release date.

We'll make an announcement here at dvinfo.net and on our websites when more news is available.

Best Regards,

Mizell

Jacques Mersereau September 25th, 2003 06:58 PM

I know this thread is about the JVC JY-HD10U,
but I heard that one of the first tests
of PS's new HD adapter done at Stratton Camera in Detroit didn't go well.

It seems with all the extra resolution of HD you could see the glass adapter.
I was not there myself, but was told this by a trusted HD camera op.

Let's hope they figure it out for HD as the one for the XL1 rocks.

Mizell Wilson September 26th, 2003 09:47 AM

Jacques,

I'm in touch with Lon at Stratton on almost a daily basis and he has never passed on anyone's concern in this matter.

We currently have over 30 PRO35 units deployed across the country and no one has yet to complain that they could not get the ground glass to disapear. We have wonderful footage on DVD that has been shot with the PRO and we will soon have a full blown demo DVD that will show the PRO on both the CineAlta and the Varicam, with comparison footage of those two cameras using DigiPrimes and other HD lenses.

I do not want to discount what your trusted camera op might have said, but I would call Lon, or any of our listed rental houses including Clairmont, who just deployed the PRO on a 3 camera network show, and get the straight skinny from him.

As far as HD on 1/3" CCDs go, we'll have to wait to see the results, but there are no expected problems.

Have a wonderful weekend,

mizell

Jacques Mersereau September 26th, 2003 10:41 AM

Hi Mizell,

that's good news! As I said, I didn't witness the test and I think HD
teamed with real film glass would be a great thing.

I am glad to hear it works and would love to see some high end digital projections
from the camera itself, but DVD/NTSC isn't what you could call a "real" test
for HD and this adapter.

You guys are more than welcome to come to The U of M Media Union
Video Studio for just such a test and invite a bunch of industry people.
(Lon was out here with Jeff Jones doing a Medical School film shoot)

We can hold about 150-200 people and have a huge cyc that does well with projection.

If you're intested, I sure am!!!

email me: jacmer@umich.edu

Aloha

Christopher Toderman September 26th, 2003 07:05 PM

What's the planned cost for the JVC HD10 adapter, please.

Mizell Wilson September 29th, 2003 10:13 AM

Christopher,

Until it's released, it's hard to say, but most likely it will be the same price as the other connecting kits, $1,950. This would mean a complete setup of $8,550. Be advised that a price increase is forthcoming from P+S so these numbers will change.

Mizell