DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   New moving ground glass mechanism (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/36209-new-moving-ground-glass-mechanism.html)

Dan Diaconu March 17th, 2005 08:54 AM

I can not upload clips over 2M on my site. In avi, that would be a very short time and it does not take them in avi. I will export something in avi on that free share thing. I'll post the link.

Dan Diaconu March 17th, 2005 10:56 AM

http://rapidshare.de/files/903215/web_demo.avi.html
27Mb, 7?-8? seconds

Dan Diaconu March 17th, 2005 10:03 PM

OK,...
200 readers from post to post, 14 downloads (less mine) and no comments. Does any of the 14 that saw the clip care to share impressions?

Steev Dinkins March 18th, 2005 12:02 AM

Dan I checked it out. I see some camera shake, but that doesn't matter - i know it's a test. What does matter is that your footage looks great. If I had the money, I'd buy your thang.

Dan Diaconu March 18th, 2005 12:20 AM

Thanks Steev,
If I'd had a "thang", I wouldn't sell it (whatever zeat is) lol...
...long day... I am pushed to do it for HD (Z1 and F900) others R saying "make a movie"..... to show what can be done.... I sink I'll make it for Z1 and shoot something ....(or someone....lol)....looong day........

Steev Dinkins March 18th, 2005 12:26 AM

Heh. You know I mean no disrespect towards your device. I think it's the best thing around besides the P+S. Long day here too..

zzzzzzzzzzz

Dan Diaconu March 18th, 2005 10:23 AM

I know Steev, I know....
if you (or anyone else reading/replying) would have half the fun I have on this great forum, you'd live ten years longer....... trust me on zeat.

Steev Dinkins March 18th, 2005 10:50 AM

I think your Zeat is like my Voot. And this could signify the end of the thread. What more is there to say?

VOOT

Dan Diaconu March 18th, 2005 02:22 PM

well...how about further comments on the sample clip? Obin? Les? Sarena? Frank? anyone? Still not good enough? Roughly 200 reader from post to post out of which only 23 have seen the clip. Are the others not interested? slow internet? If that is the case, what am I to expect...... But those that SAW the clip and do not care to share their impressions.......
oh well... you were right Steev.

Jeremie Galan March 18th, 2005 02:30 PM

i have to say that i m most impressed by your footage than the "micro 35" ones from that "the ancien" film posted on the micro 35 forum.
the only thing that bother me is that vibrating sound haha.
But maybe one of the best "test" footage i ve seen for an adapter.

Les Dit March 18th, 2005 04:20 PM

Dan, the clipped looked pretty good, but it's getting hard for me to evaluate WebCam resolution footage these days. :-)
You never responded to my concern about the image shifting laterally as the groundglass focusing screen moves. If you take any simple lens of any kind and form an image on a piece of paper, then move the lens sideways a little, the image on the paper moves as well. Perhaps you are only moving it a fraction of a millimeter, which doesn't blur the already blurry DV image? Your two megapixel image seem to be fairly sharp, however. Comments?

<<<-- Originally posted by Dan Diaconu : well...how about further comments on the sample clip? Obin? Les? Sarena? Frank? anyone? Still not good enough? Roughly 200 reader from post to post out of which only 23 have seen the clip. Are the others not interested? slow internet? If that is the case, what am I to expect...... But those that SAW the clip and do not care to share their impressions.......
oh well... you were right Steev. -->>>

Dan Diaconu March 18th, 2005 05:09 PM

Thanks Jeremie, the sound is from on board camera mic and does not concern me for the purpose. When I will shoot something "for real" and NEED the sound, I will use a boom operator or wireless lavaliere. Otherwise, this whole contraption is an imaging device. With the GG static (without the buzz)I heard (at playback) the lens movement and other noises that are not available when shooting just video. Please note that some camcorders have AUX mic and have configured the mic mount as far and isolated from the camera body (and their tape moving mechanism is pretty damn quiet (but still!) What do you expect when a fly fights a spider?.....
Les. When did the Web Cam came to play? I used the same GS200 as always. If that was a joke, then :-)<
>>>If you take any simple lens of any kind and form an image on a piece of paper, then move the lens sideways a little, the image on the paper moves as well.<<<<
True.
But my lenses do not move sideway (relative to camcorder). They only go in and out as I roll focus. I am not shaking the lens Les!
As for the screen, if I was to move it 5 or 10mm or 50mm sideways, or even rotate it as a spinning CD, the image from the lens will still appear in the very same spot, relative to the SLR lens AND the camcorder's lens, so..... how much the screen moves, round or elliptical is not relevant. As long as the movement is PLANE, and the camcorder points to the back of the lens at all times nothing changes (except you see a motion blur of the grain instead of individual grains) How is your device coming together anyway?

Les Dit March 18th, 2005 05:26 PM

Dan,
Maybe I'm under the false impression that the focusing screen fresnel component is acting like a lens, specifically similar to a condenser lens. Isn't the type of focusing screen , you are using doing some kind of lens function? I didn't mean that you were moving the actual camera lens. Optically isn't the focusing screen like a condenser lens that is flat with a diffuser surface on one side? I guess that's the heart of the matter, optically speaking.
I'm joking when I say WebCam! I use the term loosely to describe WebCam resolution. (Regular SD resolution)

-Les

Dan Diaconu March 18th, 2005 06:05 PM

>>>Optically isn't the focusing screen like a condenser lens that is flat with a diffuser surface on one side?<<<
Yes, that what it is.
I am moving on to HD for that's where the money is. PD, DVX....... gs... good enough but.. times are changing and so must we.
The SD market does not pay/need this quality (beyond hobby level). HD pro summer will get jobs available only for today's pro cameras due to increased quality and shrinking budgets. No-budget-indie-work is fun but still no-budget. No point in pursuing it (imo)

Cosmin Rotaru March 18th, 2005 06:07 PM

Hey Dan, finally a full resolution clip! Very nice!