DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Letus Image flipping developement (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/55882-letus-image-flipping-developement.html)

Quyen Le December 12th, 2005 06:22 PM

The top and bottom part is vertically align, just 1.2" away, thanks.

Quyen

Jimi Colteryahn December 12th, 2005 08:48 PM

Hello!

Will there be a rod support system available for this new adaptor?
It sure looks nice...
Jimi :)

Bob Hart December 12th, 2005 09:22 PM

Quyen

The neutral density filter enables light in to be controlled without closing the iris on the front lens. It would be placed between the SLR camera lens and the gg. It makes it easier to control light without losing the creative depth of field effect of having the front lens aperture wide open.

Image path in my arrangement is :-

SLR lens >> Neutral density filter >> GG >> prism erector >> Achromatic dioptre >> camera.

Also, I chose to have the prism offset, down and to the left of the camera lens centre axis of the PD150. This places the centre of mass lower and makes it easier to use handheld. It also puts the noisy bits away from the camera mike if I use it.

Wayne Kinney December 13th, 2005 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Hart
Quyen

The neutral density filter enables light in to be controlled without closing the iris on the front lens. It would be placed between the SLR camera lens and the gg. It makes it easier to control light without losing the creative depth of field effect of having the front lens aperture wide open.

Bob,
I think Quyen meant controlling the light using the camcorders iris, which would not affect the DOF effect.

Marco Mezzalana December 13th, 2005 03:35 AM

Many camcorders, as my 170, has built in Nd filter, so for example I can use it. I did some test in very bright location and I found 2 way:

1) if you want low DOF then you close the iris or use camera built in ND

2)if you want high DOF the you close the SLR iris.

Ok are not a huge discovery, but it could be useful to someone...

Justin Tran December 13th, 2005 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Kinney
Bob,
I think Quyen meant controlling the light using the camcorders iris, which would not affect the DOF effect.

only problem is that if it's too bright (eg in a bright sunny day) then the image being projected on the GG could be blown out...

Wayne Kinney December 13th, 2005 05:23 AM

True,
Infact i think the P+S mini35 has its own iris, must be for the same purpose.

Michael Maier December 13th, 2005 02:03 PM

Looks nice Quyen. How much for this one?
I also remember you talking about an adapter with a relay lens for the HD100 and a HD adapter somewhere in the boards or in your site. When will those be ready?

Jeremy Edge December 13th, 2005 10:33 PM

Quyen,
I sent you an email.
The adapter looks to be very cool...any estimate on what this one will go for?

Andreas Rylander December 14th, 2005 09:01 AM

Wow!! =)

It seems you are a friggin' genius! :D

Can't wait to see your progression =)

Regards,

Andreas Rylander

Kyle Edwards December 14th, 2005 02:37 PM

Quote:

Bob,

www.flmpro.com/samples/001.avi

It seems to on this sample.

Wayne Kinney December 14th, 2005 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Edwards

Kyle, It looks as though the SLR aperture is being closed and opened, not the camcorders (or looking carefully, maybe a mixture of both), but the changing DOF you see is due to the aperture of the SLR lens, not the camcorders iris.

EDIT: On closer inspection of the clip, i think this is whats happening:

The SLR aperture closes, widening the DOF....then the camcorders iris is opened to make the image brighter, no change in DOF. The cam's iris is then closed again, no change in DOF....then the SLR aperture is opened again, shortening the DOF.

Eniola Akintoye December 14th, 2005 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Edwards

Link aiin't working for me ..

Kyle Edwards December 14th, 2005 06:52 PM

Quote:

Kyle, It looks as though the SLR aperture is being closed and opened, not the camcorders (or looking carefully, maybe a mixture of both), but the changing DOF you see is due to the aperture of the SLR lens, not the camcorders iris.

EDIT: On closer inspection of the clip, i think this is whats happening:

The SLR aperture closes, widening the DOF....then the camcorders iris is opened to make the image brighter, no change in DOF. The cam's iris is then closed again, no change in DOF....then the SLR aperture is opened again, shortening the DOF.

I assure you it's the camcorder's iris being opened and closed.

Quyen Le December 16th, 2005 05:50 PM

I am start shipping this unit. $600 for the final price. Betatesters should email me for price and instructions, below is the first video of the first unit sending out. Just a test video to show the unit's work. No special lighting. Thanks.

Quyen

http://hadleymedia.com/35mm.mov