DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Updated Letus35 Flip (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/60907-updated-letus35-flip.html)

Quyen Le February 17th, 2006 01:17 AM

Updated Letus35 Flip

The new Letus35 Flip will be ready to take order this weekend. It also has updated vibrating mechanism. Solved vignetting on larger cameras. Thanks.

Quyen

Jason Murphy February 17th, 2006 02:21 AM

Sweet...what about the XL-Mount version? :)

Quyen Le February 17th, 2006 02:45 AM

It's still in the shop and shedule to get done next month, thanks.

Quyen

Maheel Perera February 17th, 2006 09:34 AM

I do not know what model you have send me Quyen. But the unit I received yesterday showed NO vignetting with the FX1.

I will post some pics this week end.

Mike Dawson February 17th, 2006 10:59 AM

is it still $600 do you have a pic?

Quyen Le February 17th, 2006 12:18 PM

Price is $700, looks the same as the old flip, thanks.

Quyen

Tony Tibbetts February 17th, 2006 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Murphy
Sweet...what about the XL-Mount version? :)

Hey, Quyen

What's this XL mount I'm hearing about? Is this a relay lens with the Letus Flip? I'd really be interested in something like this.

Quyen Le February 17th, 2006 07:52 PM

Yes, it's relay lens with XL flip, which designed for the Letus35 XL version only, thanks.

Quyen

Andrew Todd February 17th, 2006 07:54 PM

cant wait for that .. what price range are you thinking of?

Tony Tibbetts February 18th, 2006 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quyen Le
Yes, it's relay lens with XL flip, which designed for the Letus35 XL version only, thanks.

Quyen

XL as in Canon XL series cameras? If thats the case, how much for the whole package? because I would be extremely interested in purchasing that setup. Also, are there any pictures of this set up on an XL1 or XL2?

Brian J. Harris February 18th, 2006 03:31 AM

XL2 version sounds great.

Quote:

Quyen

Hello Quyen,
I, too, am interested in your Letus35 version with the relay lens for the Canon XL2 camera. I'll be sure to check your site out next month.

Quyen Le February 18th, 2006 12:57 PM

It's still too early to talk about the price of the Letus35XL relay unit. It will depend on how long does it take to build 1 unit and how the image quality will be on the final product. I will do further testings to decide. The flip part will be more compact than the Letus35 Flip that I am sellling.

The new Letus35 Flip also has better GG too. I have changed the way that I grind and clean the GG to make it more uniform. Hopefully all the unwanted pattern on the GG that discovered with the old Letus35 versions will no longer exist on the new flip. New GG will be standard on all other units. Thanks.

Quyen

Ben Winter February 18th, 2006 07:42 PM

Quote:

I have changed the way that I grind and clean the GG to make it more uniform.

Is there any change in light loss? Namely, less :) ?

Quyen Le February 19th, 2006 02:19 AM

I think so Ben. The old GG is about half a stop light loss, I don't think it's a significant gain in term of light loss, thanks.

Quyen

Bigo Hoggins February 21st, 2006 03:49 AM

Quote:

The new Letus35 Flip will be ready to take order this weekend. It also has updated vibrating mechanism. Solved vignetting on larger cameras. Thanks.

Quyen

is this available on VX2000 ? and is it $700.00 too.