DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Brevis35 new site is up, E-commerce client, product forum done. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/63636-brevis35-new-site-up-e-commerce-client-product-forum-done.html)

Dennis Wood March 25th, 2006 12:19 AM

Brevis35 new site is up, E-commerce client, product forum done.

After a ton of hard work, the revamped Brevis site is up, although final production pics are not there yet. Many, many thanks to Joshua Nitschke for his PHP coding and graphics work. The ecommerce client is configured and up, as is the product forum.

What do you guys think?

Moises Crespo March 25th, 2006 01:19 AM

Real nice. Will this be offered to the beta team also (Brevis35 Imaging system, including microprocessor controlled charging system, and Pelican 1120 Box) at our beta price?

Joshua Nitschke March 25th, 2006 01:50 AM

The only thing I don't like is how the thumbnails squish in the eCommerce system, but otherwise, it looks great.

Not that I'm biased or anything...

Dennis Wood March 25th, 2006 02:09 AM

Joshua, you do fine work! Once I get the production model pics, they'll be sized to look pretty in the the thumbnails. Moises, the beta and production packages are identical. The only differnence is the price, and me milking you for info on your camera :-)

Joshua Nitschke March 25th, 2006 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Wood
Joshua, you do fine work! Once I get the production model pics, they'll be sized to look pretty in the the thumbnails.

Ok good. I can't wait to see pictures of the final stuff. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Wood
Moises, the beta and production packages are identical. The only differnence is the price, and me milking you for info on your camera :-)

Oh hot digity damn, I am so stoked! A Pelican case?! Is this that surprise?

Dennis Wood March 25th, 2006 02:24 AM

One of them. Don't get too excited, the 1120 isn't exactly a suitcase. It does solve the shipping issue though doesn't it? The next batch will go out in 1150 boxes which are a bit bigger. The production version had some design changes that make it a bit too big for the 1120, which was spec'd from the original CAD work. I figure at the beta price, there won't be too many complaints :-) The beta folks overseas (Iceland, Australia, Spain) will also enjoy the cheaper shipping.

David Delaney March 25th, 2006 08:14 AM

Wow, the site looks great. You really are working fast at getting this done! Great job...

Wayne Kinney March 25th, 2006 08:33 AM

Dennis,
All the links give me a page not found error, accept for the forum link

Andrew Todd March 25th, 2006 08:44 AM

dennis.. find someone to host your videos. it would look more proffessional than going to savefile.com other than that the site looks awesome

Dennis Wood March 25th, 2006 09:06 AM

Andrew, once the downloads subside a bit, I'll host them myself. Doing some rough calculations, there's been nearly 20GB of downloads in about 2 weeks. It's just an issue of boosting cinevate's download limits, or posting lower res video. Joshua had already offered..until I mentioned the total downloads to date :-) Point taken.

Wayne, what are you browsing with? I just tried IE and firefox again and everything looks OK.

Wayne Kinney March 25th, 2006 09:11 AM

Dennis,

Same thing happens in both firefox and IE. the links ' Products FAQ Demo Links Contact ' all give me a 'Page Not Found -We're sorry but the URL you've attempted to access does not exist. If you think this is an error, please contact the administrator of this site.'

Strange. My PC must need updating.

Dennis Wood March 25th, 2006 09:53 AM

Interesting. I believe all the PHP is pretty much server side stuff, so you're browser should be getting pretty straightforward HTML. What OS are we talking about? Cache cleared etc? So far, no one's reported the same issue...but you've got me thinking.

Wayne Kinney March 25th, 2006 10:02 AM

Dennis,

Tried clearing the cache but same thing. IM on XP Pro. I wonder what the problem is. The home page opens fine, but any link from (appart from forum) gives me the page not found error.

Dennis Wood March 25th, 2006 10:21 AM

We'll see if logging/debugging etc. can be enabled to work this out. I've seen errors like that, but only when running the site from my workstation, using XP Pro's IIS, and the windows PHP engine. Once the code is on the server...no issues. Any chance you have some of that loaded locally?

Wayne Kinney March 25th, 2006 10:28 AM

I have no idea. No matter, I was just interested in taking a look, Dennis. I'll try viewing on another workstartion soon.