DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Go35Pro - DVX-100a - Interior Test (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/76957-go35pro-dvx-100a-interior-test.html)

Jim Lafferty October 6th, 2006 08:43 AM

Go35Pro - DVX-100a - Interior Test

Hi,

Timur Civan was kind enough to come over and lend his talents and DVX-100a the other night. We worked on a short "Go35Pro(motion)" that is soon to follow. Here's some grabs. (4mb zip file)

Wayne Kinney October 6th, 2006 09:01 AM

Jim,

The download does not seem to work...

Jim Lafferty October 6th, 2006 09:08 AM

Whoops, check it now. Thanks for the heads-up.

Wayne Kinney October 6th, 2006 09:11 AM

Jim,

The grabs are very clean indeed. What are you using as GG in the pro?

Jim Lafferty October 6th, 2006 11:28 AM

It's a static solution -- an optical polymer I've perfected over the last year.

Man, homebrew optics are a bit of work, aren't they?

Wayne Kinney October 6th, 2006 11:35 AM

Optical polymer, huh? Very interesting.

The SGpro's GG is made via a company that makes optical filters, the diffusion surface is molded into the 1mm thick disk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Lafferty

Man, homebrew optics are a bit of work, aren't they?

I know what you mean. I think both of us have been researching for over a year now, i think yourself longer then me, and finding the perfect solution, the best blend between lightloss, sharpness, grain and bokeh is a challenge.

Stephen Pipe October 6th, 2006 01:54 PM

Jim
The stills look amazing. I can't wait to see the footage.

Wayne Kinney October 6th, 2006 02:43 PM

Its certainly very clean

Stephen, how would you feel about coming down again and testing the SGpro Rev2?

Jason Michael Holly October 6th, 2006 08:43 PM

I had the opportunity to meet Jim in New York City on Wednesday to pick-up my Go35Pro unit. I have just completed two days of shooting for a political commercial set to run starting next Tuesday.

I will be going into post this weekend and can put a finished product up here on Monday. So far, all I can say is WOW. I have had no trouble using the unit whatsoever. Very easy to set up and well built. The footage looks fantastic so far on the unit and on my monitoring system.

I am using a HVR-FX1, but everything was shot in standard DV.

Trung Dau October 6th, 2006 09:08 PM

after seeing the pics. I'm so impressed. BUt the Apter look too small to thread to to my lens from JVC HD100 (82mm)

Jim Lafferty October 6th, 2006 10:13 PM

Not really. The step down from the DVX is already 72mm -- nothing about an adapter need be any larger than interior diameter of 43.26mm in order to accomodate an entire 35mm frame. So... despite the size of your cam, making the adapter larger would be a moot point and wasteful.

Jim Lafferty October 6th, 2006 10:14 PM

Hi Jason, BTW. It was a genuine pleasure speaking with and meeting you. I just hope that ad is for a Democrat! :D

Seriously, though -- can't wait to see that spot -- a national spot!