DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Apertus: Open Source Cinema Project (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/apertus-open-source-cinema-project/)
-   -   High Definition with Elphel model 333 camera (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/apertus-open-source-cinema-project/63677-high-definition-elphel-model-333-camera.html)

Biel Bestue May 23rd, 2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar Spier (Post 1147404)
I thought it might be relevant to mention that we were talking about two 'streams' parallel.

ah, ok, now i get it, but this "uncompressed stream" means this, uncompressed stream ,not before the raw encoding but after the raw encoding, i was referring to the stream out of the chip, that means before creating any raw file, but as Sabastian said, you can't have both binned and unbined images out of the chip, you only can have one (or is it possible?)

sebastian---
i'm strating to program in java and i would love to contribute to the program, i've done a little aplication that converts a given number of frames at a given Fps to a SMPTE timecode(at the moment it's is only itegers, so i don't know how to do 29.97, but I'll learn)

are you interested in it?

Sebastian Pichelhofer May 24th, 2009 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biel Bestue (Post 1147428)
sebastian---
i'm strating to program in java and i would love to contribute to the program, i've done a little aplication that converts a given number of frames at a given Fps to a SMPTE timecode(at the moment it's is only itegers, so i don't know how to do 29.97, but I'll learn)

are you interested in it?

Open source software development is all about collaboration and working together. So this is a good idea in any case.

My suggestion for the next lecture: Read about the float datatype :)

Biel Bestue May 24th, 2009 03:24 AM

no, no i know it :) but what i don't wanna start getting is float frame numbers, so i need the computer to understand that you can't have 3.5 frames, there is 4 frames or 3 not 3.5, you know, all that kind of things, anyway sorry to go offtopic, i'll send you the program and you decide

i'm triying to do a java libarary of SMPTE workarounds like let the user enter a String and make the computer understant it as a SMPTE code, or give a exception signal back to the user if what he has written is not a SMPTE timecode... all that kind of things

Oscar Spierenburg May 24th, 2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Pichelhofer (Post 1147369)
Very first alpha version of ElphelVision Java Applet is ready!

This is still in a very rough and early condition but it should work and maybe already be kinda useful.

It lets you view the video live stream, shows camera infos and record video files to camera internal HDD.

Detailed instructions on how to setup and use are included as README.txt
Currently only works under windows.
Final version should be platform independent as long as your platform can run Java and has an mplayer build.

Please let me know if it worked, how it worked, etc.

http://community.elphel.com/Apertus/...on_Alpha01.zip

OK, I've uploaded the files to the camera. Anyway, it a great start! It seems to be working fine. I had to restart firefox a couple of times till I found out how to use it, it seems to hang when you do something wrong.
I noticed that it only works when camvc is also running and updating the image. So camvc is showing a frame a second or something, but Elphel Vision is streaming the video at full FPS. The stream (on my fast laptop) is not real time, I think 0.5 sec behind.
So far my findings, I'll test it on the netbook tomorrow.
Again, great job so far!

Chris Hurd May 30th, 2009 10:48 AM

Now that we have a dedicated forum for Apertus, it's time to close this particular
thread. Please continue any further discussion by creating new threads. Thanks all,