View Full Version : Importing tracking information

Emre Safak
July 30th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Is there a better way to match rotoscoped layers in Vegas than keyframing manually? I have access to tracking software, such as the one that comes with After Effects. I don't see how you can do any serious compositing without such a feature.

Glenn Chan
July 30th, 2007, 03:06 PM
What do you mean by match rotoscoped layers?

Emre Safak
July 30th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Say you want to imprint some text on another moving layer. The text has to track to motion of the object it is imprinted on. I'm using text as an example; in reality I'm doing rig removal.

Mike Kujbida
July 30th, 2007, 08:32 PM
While AE is probably your best bet, another option to consider is the full version of Boris FX (http://borisfx.com/product/fx/).
It's a lot more powerful than the lite version that comes with Vegas and Motion Tracking, Stabilization and Corner Pinning are some of it's options.
There's a trial version available and, as a Vegas user, the upgrade from lite to full is only $199 (reg. $299).

Emre Safak
July 30th, 2007, 09:51 PM
I have AE. I mean is there any way to use the tracking information in Vegas?

Glenn Chan
July 30th, 2007, 11:06 PM
I don't believe so.

But why not just do it in After Effects? You need to track the video in there anyways.

Reid Bailey
March 15th, 2008, 01:09 PM
I've just purchased Boris FX primarily for the motion tracking and stabilizing features.

It appears that these don't work in vegas. (Vegas 8 and the lastest build of FX 9)

Since vegas only passes the first frame to Boris it doesn't do any of the motion stuff.

Does anyone know a way around this other than purchases the Red rendering package for a thousand bucks?

I've tried opening the files in the keyframer and then saving the settings and appling them to the clip in vegas, but that didn't work.

The media 1280x720 in the Cineform HD codec.

BTW, I've combed Boris' site and it makes no mention of the motion features not supported in vegas. A poster on the creative cows forum claims that it won't work at all. :-(
I am going to be seriously bummed if I just bought a high priced coaster...