View Full Version : GL-2 and HD

JL Shipley
August 1st, 2007, 09:34 AM
I've used my GL-2 for three years, editing with Pinnacle Studio (easy but not stable). Now Pinnacle Studio 11 Plus is out and advertising HD and Dolby 5.1. Does the video have to be taped in HD, or can the editor transpose the DV to HDDV? I don't want a new camcorder, can't afford it. Can I burn DVDs in HD and Dolby Surround 5.1 with Pinnacle Studio Plus using tape from my GL-2?

Philippe Messier
August 1st, 2007, 09:45 AM
Hi there,

No unfortunately,...if you shoot in SD/DV (720 X 480) which is the standard format of the GL2 (and off all the DV camera for that matter) you can't have HD(either 720 X 1280 or 1080 X 1920) simply by editing with a 'HD ready' software.

You might be able to upconvert your SD video within the software but i doubt you will get good result. The only real option is to use a software like 'Instant HD' which supposedly upconvert nicely. But then again, it won't be equivalent to a video shoot in HD(V) in the first place.

Philippe

Dale Guthormsen
August 4th, 2007, 11:12 PM
JL,

I went away from pennicle because it is not stable enough!!!

I have an aquaintence and he said that pennicle works much better on a non windows operating system (he rrecomended linux)!!
you could change over to linux system if you did not need windows or had a dedicated computer.