View Full Version : Smooth Video Filter

Vishad Dewan
August 1st, 2007, 09:02 PM
Is there a filter to help with camera shake? I know FCS 2 has something called Smoothcam, but is there a 3rd party plugin for older versions of FCP? I heard somewhere that Autodesk Combustion offers something similar to Smoothcam, but I haven't been able to confirm that on their Website.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get a somewhat shaky video to become relatively smooth(er)?

Thanks.

Greg Boston
August 1st, 2007, 09:51 PM
The application Shake has a smooth cam effect. I haven't personally used it, but when they reduced the price to $399, that makes this application competitive with the price charged for some single function plug-ins.

-gb-

Vishad Dewan
August 1st, 2007, 10:02 PM
Umm...Shake doesn't seem to have any such filter. At least not the version I have. I'll check the Apple Website and see if the updated software has what you're talking about.

Greg Boston
August 1st, 2007, 10:04 PM
I've seen many references to Shake supporting an image stabilization function. The downside is that it's more cumbersome to use than the smooth cam feature in FCS2.

-gb-

Vishad Dewan
August 1st, 2007, 10:11 PM
Oh, yes, I have that node right here in Shake. Silly me. Never even thought about it before. And yes, it IS VERY CUMBERSOME for use. What a bother. Shake is the most un-Apple application. It's everything Apple is not. What a joke.

In any case, thanks for the info. I'll work with Shake (if I really must).