View Full Version : dvx 100 pal vs pd 150 pal

Luca Moretti
May 25th, 2003, 10:18 AM
Hi,
I'm going to buy from Singapore one of these models for making short films with low budget. Considering all the features, the frame rate, the light sensibility,the ease handling, what would you suggest me?

thanks

Glenn Gipson
May 25th, 2003, 01:40 PM
Get the DVX 100.

Conrad Williams
June 6th, 2003, 01:35 AM
The DVX100 was designed for filmmaking. The PD150 isn't as specialized to do the things you want. There's no question for you -- the DVX100 is the better tool.

Shai Levy
June 6th, 2003, 02:43 AM
hi luca,
last years i was working mostly with the pd-150 and just got my dvx-100 two weeks ago...
i love it!

it makes you look completely different on DV material and puts you right on door-step of the new generation of DV. the 25p feature is a major plus, not to mention the wide range offered by the cine gamma, the ease of use, the focus ring, the incredible LCD screen (forget about the one in pd-150..!), the sound...
"it's not a sony", right, sony users might find it not as "rugged", but as a fact it's also as strong and reliable machine.

the perfect tool around for a hand-held camera on this level of up to 5K$.. in my opinion :)

post the same question in the pd-150 users forum, i wonder what they're saying.... :)