View Full Version : Cinematography Test Shoot

Carlos Flores
August 19th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Video: http://originalcrush.com/?page_id=13

I will start shooting my first narrative short in a couple of weeks so i did a quick test shoot to practice with angles and frames. This is the first time I post something in here so I hope you guys like it.

Jim Miller
August 19th, 2007, 11:34 AM
That was amazingly steady shooting for being handheld. Nice shot composition and good mood on the coloring.

Jerrod Cordell
August 19th, 2007, 03:26 PM
I really liked those shots. Really good indoor shots with just natural lighting. What presets did you use? It looked really film-like.

Carlos Flores
August 19th, 2007, 03:56 PM
I really liked those shots. Really good indoor shots with just natural lighting. What presets did you use? It looked really film-like.

I used an old preset which i downloaded from this forum, 'Average Film Stock' I think it was called. However, i like increasing the contrast in FCP and make those blacks really deep.

Stefan Antonescu
August 20th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Hey Carlos,

Very nice ! Did you use any adapter (Letus, Redrock...) ? Did you only use natural lighting ?

Stefan Antonescu
August 20th, 2007, 02:09 AM
P.S. Was it 24F ?

Carlos Flores
August 20th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks Stefan! Nope, no adapter at all. I try to use the ND filters and keep the lens fully open to increase the Depth of field. Everything was natural light and yes 24f.

Stefan Antonescu
August 21st, 2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks Carlos.