View Full Version : How will A1 accept more than 20 preset

Sundar Ramamoorthy
September 3rd, 2007, 12:23 PM
How can I make A1 accept more than 20? Currently it seems to recognize only till 20.
Thanks
Sundar Ramamoorthy

Trevor Bray
September 3rd, 2007, 12:32 PM
Hi
You need to store extra Presets on another SD Card
Trev

Sundar Ramamoorthy
September 3rd, 2007, 01:16 PM
That is inconvenient. I heard there is a hack to make it accept more than 20 presets in the same card.

David W. Jones
September 3rd, 2007, 01:54 PM
Do you ever use over 20 different styles on a single shoot?

Raymond Toussaint
September 5th, 2007, 04:33 AM
Is there a need for +20?
That's my question, personally I never change that number on presets.

Chris Hurd
September 5th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Just carry along a second SD card loaded with 20 more presets. That's the simple solution.

By the way, the maximum is 29 presets: 20 on the SD card and nine more in the camera's internal memory.

Piotr Wozniacki
September 5th, 2007, 08:30 AM
If I remember correctly, you can save theoretically infinite number of presets by saving them with stills...

Chris Hurd
September 5th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Yes it is possible to record CP files along with still images to the SD card and there is no limit to this; you could theoretically have hundreds of CP files stored to one single card that way. But the process for calling them up is a little convoluted. You have to power the camera to VCR Playback mode, then switch to Card mode, then locate the desired photo using the Card navigation buttons, then go to Menu > Customize > Meta Data CP, and select an empty CP file slot in the camera's internal memory in order to load that Custom Preset. And then don't forget to switch from Card mode back to Camera mode when you're done. So while it is indeed possible, it is not at all practical.

It's much easier and much more convenient to simply carry a second SD card with 20 more CP files.

Sundar Ramamoorthy
September 9th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.