View Full Version : Need help on set up!!!!!!!

John DeLuca
May 30th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Just got a Beach Tek DXA-6, and a sennheiser me 66 with shock mount, and xlr f/m cables for my GL2. Anyone who can give some good advice in laymans terms on how to hook up, and the steps involved in using it all together properly can be a life saver. I am unfamiliar with this equipment, and would love to hear some different perspectives on set up. Thanks again

John

Tustin Larson
May 30th, 2003, 05:25 PM
John... here we go.

Put the Senni ME66 into the K6 module. (with battery)
Screw in the Beachtek under the cam
Place the mic into the shockmount, and then shockmount into the shoe on top of the camera, or boom pole, or other stabilizer sytem you may have.
Plug one end of the XLR cable into the Mic, plug the other into first slot on the Beachtek.
Plug the mini cable (from the beachtek into the mic slot located next to the tape door. (pull little rubber cover off)

Turn on cam, switch beachtek to MIC (if its not already) toggle switch to STEREO and turn volume knob to adjust.

I hope this helps.

Graham Bernard
May 30th, 2003, 11:37 PM
. . . . ermm . . . don't forget to flip the actual mic switch on . . . you get a momentary "alert on" red light within the switch's toggle area - yeah?

Respect!

Grazie

John DeLuca
May 31st, 2003, 03:48 PM
Thanks for your help, its great to have a place like this to get "real life advice". It all worked like a glove. All the best

John