View Full Version : Vegas 8 Pro - Exiting automatically?

Michael Wisniewski
September 11th, 2007, 04:59 PM
[EDIT] *********************************
Summary: Good news - it's working. Thanks for everyone's help.
Solution: Re-installed NEO HDV after Vegas Pro 8, and it's all good.

Notes:
I originally mis-diagnosed the problem, it was automagically exiting everytime I loaded any type of Cineform file (http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=103220).

[ORIGINAL POST] *********************************
I've already sent in a ticket to Sony, but I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing this issue.

Vegas 8 Pro is exiting when I do the following:
Open a V7 project file
Load any media onto the timeline
Preview media in Explorer
There is no error message. V8 Pro just exits - like someone hit the red X in the corner of the window. When I load media onto the timeline or open a V7 project, I can see it building the peaks and re-sizing the timeline view - but then it just exits, . Scratching my head since it's not a regular error.

Paul Fierlinger
September 11th, 2007, 05:50 PM
The first one I can't test because I have no V7 files to test with, but the other two I do all the time, quite a few times every day, and never see a crash.

Jack Zhang
September 11th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Looks like 8.0a might come sooner than later.

Mike Kujbida
September 11th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Michael, I just tried doing all the things (several times) that gave you errors and everything worked just fine for me.

Michael Wisniewski
September 11th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks for that. Looks like for the most part V8 Pro is working on most other people's system. Rats.

Michael Wisniewski
September 12th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Summary: Good news - it's working. Thanks for everyone's help.
Solution: Re-installed NEO HDV after Vegas Pro 8, and it's all good.

Notes:
I originally mis-diagnosed the problem, it was automagically exiting everytime I loaded any type of Cineform file (http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=103220).