View Full Version : Cineform Encoding Quality diferences?

Pages : 1 [2]

Jason Rodriguez
November 2nd, 2007, 07:04 AM
The optical plane is right in-front of the first 1/4-20 hole (the one closest to the lens mount) on the top of the camera head.

Pedro Rey
November 3rd, 2007, 09:13 PM
Hi Jason.
Just wondering about all these new features that Sergio is talking about, specially the new focus aid.
Are these only available for the SI2K or are they part of a new DVR release ?

And for those of us eagerly awaiting the SI2K....plese...when is it going to be available ?

Hey Sergio, how are you doing the monitoring now ?

Pedro

Jason Rodriguez
November 4th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Hi Pedro,

The new features will be in an installer that we should hopefully have out this week on the support site.

You can also subscribe to the RSS feed to get the news when it's ready. Simply go to our website, and hit the "subscribe" button the front page.

Thanks,

Jason

Sergio Sanchez
November 5th, 2007, 05:05 PM
We´ve been playing with the features, the spot focus is nice too.

Sergio Sanchez
November 6th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Pedro:

Im monitoring the same way I was doing it before, 720p on LCD flat panels. Im shooting using Hex display quality so resolution is not as important as before. I prefer stability, until a better output is available.

Bob Grant
November 6th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Maybe one of you knowledgeable gentlemen can help me out here.

We're looking at getting the Dell M6300 to use with the MINI.
I see that the Dell has two video output connectors.
Can we run two monitors at different res from those two ports, one for a 24" 1080 monitor from the DVI port and the Xenarc at 720 from the VGA port. I can't find anything on the Dell website that gives any information about this.

Jason Rodriguez
November 6th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Unfortunately this is not possible. Only one of the connections can be active at any given time.

You *can* split the DVI-I connection from the Dell into an analog and digital signal, but they will have-to-have the same resolution.

Thanks,

Jason

Pedro Rey
November 8th, 2007, 09:26 AM
So Sergio, are you still using the 7" Xenarc off the vga or did you switch to the 8.4" 4:3 one?

Are you using the evf ? I did not see it on the Tequila website photos, which btw are great, thanks for sharing.

Pedro

Sergio Sanchez
November 9th, 2007, 12:57 PM
So Sergio, are you still using the 7" Xenarc off the vga or did you switch to the 8.4" 4:3 one?

No Pedro, I didnt replace the Xenarc, with the optimizations Jason did in the camera i can use a better resolution with the correct aspect ratio for previewing in both monitors. Maybe i´ll go with the 4:3 Xenarc for the second camera.

Im not using the EVF, the D.P likes the touchscreen interface very much, he can get to the tools faster. To be more confortable we´ve got a Hood for the Xenarc, so you dont have the problems with reflections on the display, It´s like working with a 7" toucscreen viewfinder.

We are upgrading the webpage this weekend, I will ask them to upload new photos. Thanks for your comment.

Jason Rodriguez
November 9th, 2007, 01:08 PM
with the optimizations Jason did in the camera i can use a better resolution with the correct aspect ratio for previewing in both monitors.

Thanks for the compliments Sergio . . . the honors for those "optimizations" though will have to go to our brilliant programming team :)

Sergio Sanchez
March 17th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Hi Jason:

I found in the ATI website about a new graphics embedded solution, ATI Radeon E2400. They claim they are shipping parts since january. It comes in two flavors.

The ATI Radeon E2400 Discrete GPU has a compact 31mm x 31mm package design, with 128MB of on-package GDDR3 memory. This product is ideal for space constrained designs helps eliminate the need for potentially complicated on-PCB memory layout.
The ATI Radeon E2400 MXM-II module has 256MB of GDDR3 memory and is based on the open standard MXM-II module specifications, which is ideal for low profile, space constrained environments, while providing the flexibility for an upgrade path.

Maybe a solution like this can work as an upgrade to the SI2K DVR graphics, and bring more display output options.