View Full Version : Buying a mac book pro?

Gary Williams
October 6th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Now that the new mac book pro has core 2 duo processing what is the best set up for editing hdv on the mac book pro and final cut studio 2 and can I get an hd or blue ray burner installed in the set up. I would like to get some opinions on the best set up in the 6500-7k range. I am using a Gyhd100ua for my shoots. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Brian Boyko
October 6th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Now that the new mac book pro has core 2 duo processing what is the best set up for editing hdv on the mac book pro and final cut studio 2 and can I get an hd or blue ray burner installed in the set up. I would like to get some opinions on the best set up in the 6500-7k range. I am using a Gyhd100ua for my shoots. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

I know this sounds weird but BR burners are $600 for internal configurations on PCs. I can't imagine how expensive a laptop Mac-compatible version would be, internal or external.

It might actually be cheaper to "burn" a BR disc image file to an external hard drive, transfer that to a desktop PC specifically built for the purpose of burning BD discs and DVDs.