View Full Version : DVD Copy

Stelios Christofides
October 7th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Hi
Has anyone got Primera Bravo II Disk Publisher? http://cdrecordingsoftware.com/bravo2dvd.html
I would like to buy at a reasonable price a DVD copier with printing facilities as well. Is there any other model that you know?

Stelios

Graham Risdon
October 7th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Hi Stelios

I have a Bravo II disc publisher. It's brilliant!

Hope this helps

Graham

Stelios Christofides
October 7th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks Graham. So is it reliable enough to leave it alone to do the job without you being there? How often do you change cartridges?

Stelios

Graham Risdon
October 8th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Hi Stelios

I've produced about 5,000 discs in total - a combination of CD and DVD.

The Bravo is connected to a dedicated PC so it doesn't affect workflow, which makes it easier. I can just set a job going and come back to it when complete.

I work from home, and regularly leave it running overnight. There are 2 modes you can use - one produces 25 discs in a batch, the other 50 - I tend to use the '25' mode, as it avoids the discs being ejected from the front (i haven;t got the optionsal bin to attach to the front).

I've found it very reliable and will even handle bad discs without aborting the job though I use Sony printables which are very good, so it's rare I get bad discs.

Regarding cartridges, it obviosly depends on what you print! Most of my stuff is a simple logo and black text and I've probably got through 3 black and 3 colour cartridges for the 5,000 discs. You would use many more if you were printing full colour. However, the cartridge cost is high and I haven't tried using non-Primera versions although I've recently got a refilling kit from River Pro Audio so I'm going to have a go at that!

I use the Bravo for jobs up to about 200 discs - above that and I'll get them duplicated or mastered. The best bit is when a client says "can I have 20 more DVDs" and you hit one or two buttons and they're done!

I was slightly wary of anything robotic as I thought it may be unreliable, but so far all has been fine! (about 3 years)

Hope this helps

Stelios Christofides
October 8th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Hi Graham

Thanks for all the information you gave me. I see that I can get it from B&H for $1750 but the shipping cost to Cyprus is rather high (UPS Worldwide Saver is $340). I also saw it in ebay for about $1145! but I couldn't get the seller to give me a price for shipping. Anyway I will see what I can do and raise the money.

Stelios

Paul Cronin
October 8th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Hi Stelios,

I have the Bravo II and have made 1500 DVD's all with color color labels and not a single problem. Color cartridges last about 250 disk and black last about 500. I use Primera cartridges and disk. Would be nice to buy cheaper but their quality is excellent. Also my biggest job has been 300 and that was not a problem.

As Graham said a dedicated PC is a great way to go.