View Full Version : Multirig with Canon XLH1...DUH...

Bruce S. Yarock
October 25th, 2007, 12:13 AM
I've been using my multirig pro,ocassionally, with my Canon XLH1. But I've never been really happy with the leveling issue (keeping my frame level with the horizon). I had been using the rig with both hands on the camera, and basically taking advantage of the support pod only. A guy I hired for a 2 camera, long shoot, tried the multirig and made a suggestion. He told me to keep my right hand on the camera and my left on the handle on the left side. BINGO....it works great! I keep my right hand on the camera for start/stop and zoom, and my left on the handle for balancing.And when I need to adjust iris, gain or whatever, I just temporarily move my left hand to the camera.
We also have an A1 as second camera, but I haven't really tried it yet with the multirig.
Bruce Yarock
www.yarock.com

Ted Spencer
October 25th, 2007, 05:02 PM
I've been using my multirig pro,ocassionally, with my Canon XLH1. But I've never been really happy with the leveling issue (keeping my frame level with the horizon). I had been using the rig with both hands on the camera, and basically taking advantage of the support pod only. A guy I hired for a 2 camera, long shoot, tried the multirig and made a suggestion. He told me to keep my right hand on the camera and my left on the handle on the left side. BINGO....it works great! I keep my right hand on the camera for start/stop and zoom, and my left on the handle for balancing.And when I need to adjust iris, gain or whatever, I just temporarily move my left hand to the camera.
We also have an A1 as second camera, but I haven't really tried it yet with the multirig.
Bruce Yarock
www.yarock.com

I added a Varizoom zoom/focus/iris/rec remote (Rock PZFI) to my HVX200/MultiRigPro. It attaches quite nicely to the left handgrip. I keep both hands on the MultiRig grips, and am able to control everything pretty easily on the Varizoom. I can also keep track of the various setting's alphanumeric readouts on the HVX's display.

Bruce S. Yarock
October 27th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Ted,
That sounds like a good solution. I have a Canon lanc controller, but it doen't let you adjust iris. I notice on Varizoom's page that they don't have one like yours for Canon H1, only hvx.
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com