View Full Version : Writing Articles

Steven Davis
October 28th, 2007, 12:08 PM
For those who write articles and post them on your website, do you see it as something bride and grooms look at, does this translate into more leads?

I have a ton of text on my website, and I could easily transpose it into an article or two.

Brian Boyko
October 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM
For those who write articles and post them on your website, do you see it as something bride and grooms look at, does this translate into more leads?

I have a ton of text on my website, and I could easily transpose it into an article or two.

Are you talking about a blog?

I don't know about whether or not it will help couples make decisions, but I do know that if you write a couple of articles a week on wedding videography, your Google ranking will probably go up, leading more couples to your site.

Noa Put
October 29th, 2007, 03:41 AM
I installed a wordpress blog on the same server were my business site is some weeks ago and traffic has tripled, though it's not all potential clients because I get a lot of "bots" visiting the blog. Like brian says it will have an impact on ranking after a while which results in a better visibility in google for anyone looking for a videographer.

If people will actually read all the stuff on it depends what you write, I see videographers who use a blog solely as display for their work using short highlites of every wedding they do, I use the blog to display wedding demo's a s well but also as an extra news space because it's so easy to maintain and to add articles. If we start using a different type of photoalbum f.i. the blog is used to provide more information on that and clients are directed to there with a direct link. So anything directly related to weddings will be looked at for sure.

I also use the blog to write short articles about video- and photo in general and not always related to weddings, from my business site there is no direct link to these articles and I'm sure that a weddingcouple won't be interested in those articles at all. But because I like writing these articles and it won't harm my business and will lead to a better visibility in Google I will continue doing this.