View Full Version : Error: No Data Appears

Jack Davis
November 7th, 2007, 06:52 AM
When log and transfering to the queue in FCP 6 a red stop sign with and explanation point appears in red in the status field. When highlighted, the message is Error: no data appears.

Yesterday, as I was downloading data from the p2 to fcp, I accidently turned the power off to the recording external drive.

Have I damaged the p2 cards or do they need to be reset and how would I do that function?

Thanks for any help. This forum is great!

Robert Lane
November 7th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the forum, Jack.

You might have indeed corrupted the data on the cards. One way to know is whether or not the clips still playback in the camera. If they do then you should be able to re-transfer. If not, try using the "repair clip" function in the camera and see if it can recover the information.

You also will need to re-format the external drive to make sure you didn't corrupt the directory on that drive. Let us know what happens.

TingSern Wong
November 7th, 2007, 09:32 AM
If, by turning off the power to the external recording Hard-drive causes problems to the P2 cards, that does not sound right. P2 cards are semi-conductor memory devices (4 SD cards) - and I fail to see how powering off the external hard-drive could corrupt the P2 cards. You are merely reading data off the P2 cards - not writing into them. It could corrupt the recording Hard-drives - that's for sure. But, I think the P2 cards themselves are okay.

Jack Davis
November 7th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks guys!
I switched to another drive for capture and bingo, it worked fine. The question now is what to do with the corrupt drive. Does it need to be reformated and if I copy the data to another drive before reformatting, will the data being transfered also be corrupt?

Thanks again!

TingSern Wong
November 7th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Please format the corrupt drive before you reuse. And don't copy data off the corrupted drive ... because you can't guarantee the integrity of the data.