View Full Version : sony hvr-v1u good wireless lavalier

Juan Camara
November 22nd, 2007, 04:58 PM
Hello my name is Juan Camara iam looking for a good wireless lavalier on camera microphone for the sony hvr-v1u. I need to nshoot a instructionmal video of salsa dance so the person needs to move around with the microphone. please some body help me Iam confuse about what is better if the receiver with mini jack or XLR HELP

Marcus Marchesseault
November 23rd, 2007, 02:48 AM
I use a Lectrosonics wireless that has 1/8" miniplug output. I got a cable that converts it to XLR and it works perfectly. Base your decision on the quality of the radio transmission and not the type of cable used. Spend at least $400 on your wireless. I haven't seen any that work well below that cost. I have worked with the Sennheiser G2 100, Samson UM32, and my Lectrosonics 100 series. It seems that the Sennheiser is the standard for affordable wireless lavaliers though the Lectrosonics are a bit better. I would be comfortable with the Sennheiser as long as I knew the frequencies used are fairly clear in my area. Just make sure to get a UHF system with multiple channels that costs at least $400 and you should be fine. Cheaper VHF systems are probably not a good idea.