View Full Version : HVX Final Cut / Quicktime question

Kevin Schaefer
November 24th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Hello
I recently shot some footage with the HVX and the FS100 in 720/30pN. i imported it into Final Cut 6 and it plays absolutely fine on my 12 inch Powerbook. The Mov files are fine and they play as well in Quicktime on my comp. I tried to show some of the files on a PC as well as an Intel Macbook Pro and the audio comes in fine but there is no picture when played in Quicktime. I have Quicktime Pro on both machines. I am vexed? Any Help

Steve Rosen
November 24th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I'm not a computer person, but my guess is that you don't have the DVCPRO HD codec in the machine that won't play the clip... you can load FCP to get it, or download it from the P2 Log Pro site...

Kevin Schaefer
November 24th, 2007, 06:35 PM
thanks i will look into it

Adam Reuter
November 25th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Hello
I recently shot some footage with the HVX and the FS100 in 720/30pN. i imported it into Final Cut 6 and it plays absolutely fine on my 12 inch Powerbook. The Mov files are fine and they play as well in Quicktime on my comp. I tried to show some of the files on a PC as well as an Intel Macbook Pro and the audio comes in fine but there is no picture when played in Quicktime. I have Quicktime Pro on both machines. I am vexed? Any Help

Check out Raylight Decoder: http://www.dvfilm.com/raylight/decoder/index.htm

Kaku Ito
November 25th, 2007, 07:48 PM
DVCPRO HD codec for QuickTime gets installed by FCP.
So with a computer does not have FCP installed, it won't play the DVCPRO HD clip that is transferred to FCP.

David Saraceno
November 26th, 2007, 11:30 AM
The real issue is why there is no QT PC DVCProHD support.

I wonder if this is a licensing issue or something else.

Or why Panasonic, which seems PC centric, doesn't have its own DVCProHD codec bundled for Windows.

Barry Green
November 26th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Panasonic does, it's freely installed whenever you install P2 Viewer or P2CMS.

All Apple would have to do is tie into the already-existing, free, no-license-needed DVCPRO-HD codec that Panasonic distributes with its software. It's there for the taking.

As to why they don't? That's a question only Apple can answer.