View Full Version : PPro w/ Cineform -> DivX for Stage6.... Lots of issues with DivX

Carl Middleton
December 2nd, 2007, 01:16 PM
Hey guys,

I installed the DivX codec and Dr. DivX today, trying to export some videos from PPro to Stage6, to show you guys a bit of my randomness work. :)

I tried exporting straight from PPro to DivX, and even at max quality settings I get lots of really nasty youtube-esque artifacting. Stage6 also gives an unknown error when I try to upload 'em. I couldn't find any setting that gives even reasonable quality, and I've seen some very nice work posted on there through this site....

I then tried exporting as Cineform HD->SD downconvert, Cineform HD, AVI Uncompressed... all of these give files unreadable by Dr. DivX. They follow the same thread as Stage6... "unknown error".

Any hints on a workflow that will simplify my life here? I'm using the community (free) version of the codec, PPro 2.0, AspectHD.

Thanks in advance,

Carl

Jack Zhang
December 2nd, 2007, 06:09 PM
Render in DivX, increase the bitrate to at least 3000kbps for SD video, use the Home Theater profile, render first a video .avi without any audio stream.

Then render a .mp3 of your audio.

Next, get VirtualDubMod, open your video only .avi

in Streams, click Stream list. add your .mp3 to the video.

Save your file. This should work.