View Full Version : Has Anyone Received Extra Batteries Yet?

Eric Pascarelli
December 3rd, 2007, 09:20 PM
Has anyone (particularly in the US, becasue I know of at least one delivered in Europe) received any extra EX1 batteries yet?

I have a shoot on Wednesday and need more record time than the one that came with the camera allows. They do not seem to be available anywhere.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Steven Thomas
December 3rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
Not yet... On order still..

Chuck Wall
December 3rd, 2007, 10:43 PM
still waiting on large batt..

Chuck

Chris Forbes
December 4th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Also still waiting on my large battery

Michael Bender
December 10th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Not yet - I have two of the BPU60's on order with B&H. No ETA on when they might arrive.

mike

Brian Jansen
December 11th, 2007, 12:46 AM
I got an email from B&H saying that my battery order should ship at end of December... so hopefully we will see them trickle in probably next few weeks.

Michael Bender
December 11th, 2007, 12:52 AM
One very nice thing about the EX1 is that it can take 12VDC in so that you can use a wide variety of pro battery packs and don't have to depend on having a large collection (and investment in!) Sony proprietary batteries.

One bright spot in all this - I started shooting DV back in the late 90's and I bought a Sony GV-D900 miniDV deck with LCD panel, and it takes the Sony NP line of InfoLithium batteries (which I had bought a boatload of). It turns out that the on-camera LED light from Sony takes the same batteries so that even thought I'm not using the NP series for minDV work anymore, they can have a new life as batteries for my on-camera LED light.

mike

Justin Carlson
December 12th, 2007, 12:14 PM
I've received a couple already.
It turns out that my local dealer in Vancouver is receiving a few EX1's every week also. I just called him up and he even drove an hour out to me to drop it off. He also has the 16gb cards (which I passed on). The only thing he doesn't have (until next week he said) was the SxS card reader for my Mac Pro. Other than that I'm setup!