View Full Version : Vx2000 tripod, velbon 607 or dv7000

Geoffrey Evans
December 4th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Which of these do you reccomend? Is the dv7000 worth the extra 40 dollars? What are it's advantages over the 607. Im very tight on money and cannot spend over 110, which the dv7000 is.

Harm Millaard
December 4th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Don't skimp on the tripod. Look here: http://www.dvuser.co.uk/content.php?CID=166

Save some time and then invest in a good tripod. It will last years.

Chris Barcellos
December 4th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I used the 607 for my VX2000 and my FX1 for a couple of years. Even used it with the added weight of an XLR adapter and wide and telephoto adapters. I am budget minded too, and I squeezed some decent shots out of the set up. I now have A Manfrotto 503 head and leg set up that cost me about $500.00. Even though it is considered budget, the difference is obvious, and if you are headed to pro level production, that is about the minimum to consider. If this is hobby stuff still, you can squeeze something out of the cheaper units.

Geoffrey Evans
December 4th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Well, i film snowboarding, and as the winter is almost here, i have very little time, and no job. My plan is to get something usable for this winter, sell it in the summer and get a summer job and then invest in something better. Im am only 15 so working during the school year isn't much of an option, too much school work.

Geoffrey Evans
December 11th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Ok, im deciding between the mathews m25 or the libec m20. I would prefer the mathews but they are out of stock on B and H, and i cant find them anywhere else. How different are these two tripods?