View Full Version : 2nd free 8GB sxs by mail?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Taran Reese
January 15th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I just got the same email from Sony; guess someone at Sony was able to straighten this out.

Christopher Witz
January 15th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Well.... even after getting the email on the 10th saying all is good, I just received this one today....

Dear CHRIS WITZKE:

Thank you for your recent submission for the 070573B - PMW-EX 1 SxS Memory Card Offer. We have reviewed
your claim and require additional information in order to process the claim:
The serial number submitted is not eligible for this rebate promotion.

Please submit the missing or corrected information, along with this email, to:
Sony Rewards Program
c/o Customer Care Department
PO Box 100517 - DDQ
White Bear Lake, MN 55110-0517
Your response must be postmarked no later than 02/14/2008, in order to
be eligible for this promotion. If you have questions regarding the status of
your rebate or the requirements for resubmission, please contact us at (866) 881-1114
between 8:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M. Central Time, Monday through Friday. Please
allow 4-6 weeks to process your resubmission. To check the status of your
resubmitted claim, please visit www.rebate-zone.com/sonyb2b. Your Claim ID is ######.
If you have a membership on the website, just login to check the status of your claim.
Sincerely,
Sony Program Headquarters

Now... how could cutting out the UPC from the box, taping it on a sheet of paper, and including a copy of the receipt show an invalid serial number? So I called and the lady on the phone told me to take a photo of the serial number on the camera and mail it to them. I told her that I felt they were calling me a liar.... she put me on hold for 1/2 an hour and then told me they'd call me back..... nice touch the on hold for 1/2 hour.

I can only assume that they are trying to delay sending out these cards as long as they can.

Brent Ethington
January 15th, 2008, 07:42 PM

Now... how could cutting out the UPC from the box, taping it on a sheet of paper, and including a copy of the receipt show an invalid serial number? So I called and the lady on the phone told me to take a photo of the serial number on the camera and mail it to them. I told her that I felt they were calling me a liar.... she put me on hold for 1/2 an hour and then told me they'd call me back..... nice touch the on hold for 1/2 hour.

I can only assume that they are trying to delay sending out these cards as long as they can.

Chris,

I got the same email today and was surprised to receive it! I called and asked if they had the info I sent to them and the person couldn't confirm one way or the other. I looked at the info I originally submitted and noticed that I had an apparent typo on the serial # I submitted in the pre-qualification form (entered all 0s and then the number, instead of "010..."), so figured it was my mistake. I read the serial # from my UPC label to the person I spoke to and she said she'd pass it on - I asked when I should check back to make sure they had it correct, and she said in about a week...

So, check the printout you sent them that is the copy of your pre-qualification form and compare the serial # to the UPC label and make sure they match - wonder if it was my mistake, or whether their web-based form processes the info incorrectly. Also, I just checked my camera and there is no '0' preceeding the '1' on the serial # shown on the camera itself.

this whole process could be a lot simpler

Brent

Eric Pascarelli
January 15th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I have not yet gotten that email but I remember entering the extra zero.

I guess I'll be getting that email soon...

Michael Bender
January 15th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Well, my contact at B&H came through and put the Sony rep in contact with me. The rebate start date is now set to 10/15/07, which is before my order date. I'm not sure if my e-mail to B&H had anything to do with that or not ;-)

I then received an e-mail from the rebate processor stating that I am eligible for the rebate! Yeah! So, I trudged on over to the rebate processor's web site to check the status of my rebate and, to my horror, shock and annoyance, saw the dreaded "Invalid serial number" message.

Hmm... let's see, I sent in a copy of my receipt from B&H which had the EX1's serial number on it, I sent in the actual UPC panel from the EX1's box that had the serial number on it, so the only thing I can think of is that when I filled out my qualification form I mis-typed something, but I was pretty sure that I was very careful to check what I had typed against both the B&H receipt *and* the EX1's UPC panel.

Anyway, I am getting very annoyed at this rebate processor, and as a professional I feel that this is becoming a monumental waste of my time, and I am going to write Sony to let them know that their rebate processor needs to get a good whack with an EX1 shipping box ;-) and use some common sense on these things.

Unless of course the rebate processor employs inmates from the local maximum security prison facility to process the rebates.

Brent Ethington
January 15th, 2008, 09:37 PM
btw - I looked at my serial number identified on my B&H invoice and it's not even close (well, the last few numbers are) to what's on the UPC label and the actual camera. Maybe that's where I got serial # I punched into the web form from... (don't remember)

So, I have a serial # on the invoice, one from the web form, and one on the UPC label - all slightly different. Wonder which one they don't like? :-)

Chuck Wall
January 15th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Hi all

Got the same bs email. As someone posted earlier how could it be a unqualified serial. It came right off the box and is from an authorized dealer on the rebate site!

Since the "survey" wasn't all that detailed they could have just supplied the card in the box to begin with.
Very frustrating.

Chuck

Bill Heslip
January 15th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Oh crap. After receiving an email from Sony last week that said all was well with my submission, I am now a victim of the dreaded "serial number submitted is not eligible for this rebate promotion" email. I followed their instructions to the T. I'm really pissed.

Brent Ethington
January 15th, 2008, 10:24 PM
I wonder what's really triggering this... No way can it just be a simple error on any of our submissions. I'll definitely call tomorrow and try to raise up to a level that can explain why the issue is being flagged. If anyone beats me to it, please report here for all to know

Brent

Bob Grant
January 15th, 2008, 11:34 PM
btw - I looked at my serial number identified on my B&H invoice and it's not even close (well, the last few numbers are) to what's on the UPC label and the actual camera. Maybe that's where I got serial # I punched into the web form from... (don't remember)

So, I have a serial # on the invoice, one from the web form, and one on the UPC label - all slightly different. Wonder which one they don't like? :-)

The serial number for the camera is on the bottom of the camera. I think it's also 'in' the camera i.e. you can find it in the maintainance menu if all else fails. It should also be on the outside of the Sony shipping box but if your box has lots of stickers from the shipping company the silver sticker on the bottom of the camera is the place to make 100% certain you have the correct number.

Kit Hannah
January 16th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Just one more reason to buy Panasonic.......LOL

Craig Seeman
January 16th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I received the valid claim notice last thursday. Nearly a week ago. When I checked on line it showed it was valid an being processed.

Today I check and it shows "Claim not found."

Are they truly and completely incompetent. Maybe we should collectively bill them for time wasted.

Christopher Witz
January 16th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I'm thinking "class action suit"

Chuck Wall
January 16th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Just called the "rebate zone" and re-affirmed the number off the box which they actually have in hand. The person said that the serial was coming up "out of the range" of qualified serial numbers but that they would look into it.

I am to check back in 7-10 days...

I told them to expect more calls.. they said I am the first to complain!

Chuck

Eric Pascarelli
January 16th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Same for me - "Claim Not Found"

Brent Ethington
January 16th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Just one more reason to buy Panasonic.......LOL

or buy it somewhere other than the US... :-)

Eric Pascarelli
January 16th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Here's the latest nonsense:

I just called the rebate center and they told me that my serial number was not valid. I asked them what was wrong with the serial number, because, since Sony confirmed that all cameras since product introduction are eligible for the rebate, it was clearly a typo or data problem rather than an actual invalid serial number.

She told me that only cameras with serial numbers 100231 through 101697 are eligible for the rebate.

Huh?

I'll get back with my dealer...again.

Brent Ethington
January 16th, 2008, 09:53 AM
thanks Eric. I was just about to call (yesterday they wouldn't tell me what the issue was with the serial #).

Agree that a call to the dealer is in order...

Brent

update: just called B&H and they gave me the name of the guy at Sony that they deal with directly. I called and left a message for him.

Bill Heslip
January 16th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I just got off the phone and it was apparent that a few of you had already done some groundwork <g>. 1st tier told me they were "looking into it", before I could even tell her about the problem. 2nd tier recited the company line and to check back in 7 to 10 days. I am now awaiting a call from 3rd tier supervisors "within the next 24-48 hours" for a better explanation, but I don't have high expectations. During the purchase-date screw-up, 3rd tier gave me no better answers than 1st tier.

Well, at least most of you actually have the camera. Mine has been out for warranty repair going on 8 days now. With any luck, I'll have it back today or tomorrow.

Brent Ethington
January 16th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I...

Well, at least most of you actually have the camera. Mine has been out for warranty repair going on 8 days now. With any luck, I'll have it back today or tomorrow.

Bill - took me almost 2 weeks (13 days door to door) to get mine back...

Michael Bender
January 16th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Hi all
Since the "survey" wasn't all that detailed they could have just supplied the card in the box to begin with.
Very frustrating.

Where did you find the survey? The Sony "survey link" takes me to the rebate processor's page, and I have never been able to find a survey.

mike

Bill Heslip
January 16th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Bill - took me almost 2 weeks (13 days door to door) to get mine back...

Thanks, Brent. I don't want to hijack this thread, but were you provided any details about the work performed, or receive any notification of shipment before it arrived?

Eric Pascarelli
January 16th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I just got a call from a Sony rep in Chicago. My dealer had asked him to call me and he did. Very nice guy.

He apologized for all the problems - said he was aware of the serial number glitch and said that it would be handled by end of day today.

Brent Ethington
January 16th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Thanks, Brent. I don't want to hijack this thread, but were you provided any details about the work performed, or receive any notification of shipment before it arrived?

Bill - No info/notification from Sony (for the work, the paperwork just said "upgraded and tested"). I just called the San Jose service center (phone # is on the original FedEx tracking slip) several times to check on status and ask when it was shipping back to me (they do ship it back overnight - no signature required). btw-when you call, they'll look it up by serial number, so you at least know your serial # is "valid"... :-)

Brent

Michael Bender
January 16th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Just received an e-mail from my contact at Sony (the *real* Sony, not the rebate processor) who apologized and said that he's working on getting this fixed:

Thank you for your continued support of XDCAM EX. I am so sorry this is
continuing to happen.

I'm on it, I will get this fixed!

Good job, Sony!

mike

Michael Bender
January 16th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Ah Ha! Success! It now looks like the rebate center is happy with my serial number. I looked on-line and also called them, and both sources now say that my rebate is valid and that it is being processed! Happy Day!

I also received an e-mail from my contact at Sony and he wrote:

Just spoke to my marketing team. They sent an updated serial number list
to the rebate center yesterday. Do you have your information so I can
personally contact them and get this fixed?

so it looks like Sony did the right thing and is trying to get this mess straightened out quickly. Kudos to Sony!

mike

Eric Pascarelli
January 16th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I'm still on "Claim not Found" status.

Brent Ethington
January 16th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I received a call back from the Sony person I called and it looks like the serial # problem has been resolved with the rebate center. I checked online, and my rebate status now reads "Received, Submission is being processed" instead of the invalid serial # message. I failed to ask how long it would take now that they have this issue resolved - hopefully soon

Brent

Chuck Wall
January 16th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I received another email stating that I had qualified and my rebate was processing, allow 8 weeks to receive.

Glad to see the issue solved, hopefully the card wont take that long.

My ex was also at Sony for 2 weeks but has returned and the is aligned properly.

Chuck

Craig Seeman
January 16th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I called Sony about this today and they checked and said my claim is good. They said there's an issue with the database the web is using resulting in Claim not found.

I'm still on "Claim not Found" status.

Michael Bender
January 17th, 2008, 02:03 AM
My ex was also at Sony for 2 weeks but has returned and she is aligned properly.

Chuck

Hey, that's great news! I'm thinking of sending my ex to Sony for a few weeks to get "realigned" - it will make our conversations so much better ;-)

Taran Reese
January 19th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Checked the Sony rebate website and it now reports that my 8GB card has shipped via UPS! No tracking information, but seems progress is being made.

Craig Seeman
January 19th, 2008, 09:09 PM
And I'm STILL getting Claim Not Found although as I mentioned before, they checked on the phone and said everything is OK. Did they send you an email or did you only see this on the rebate website?

Checked the Sony rebate website and it now reports that my 8GB card has shipped via UPS! No tracking information, but seems progress is being made.

Bill Heslip
January 20th, 2008, 11:20 AM
And I'm STILL getting Claim Not Found although as I mentioned before, they checked on the phone and said everything is OK. Did they send you an email or did you only see this on the rebate website?

Same here, Craig. No email. No website confirmation. Despite repeated verbal reassurances, I remain skeptical this has been sorted out at all, given their recent comedy of errors. How hard can it be?

Taran Reese
January 20th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I didn't get any email notification that my card had shipped, I just logged in to their site and checked the status of my rebate. This is what they've posted to my status page:

Rebate Details

Promotion: 070573B - PMW-EX 1 SxS Memory Card Offer
Claim ID: xxxxxxxx
Business Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Customer Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address: xxxxxxxxx
Postmark Date: 12/21/2007
Received Date: 12/26/2007
Claim Status: Received, Submission is being processed
Pre-Qualification Code: xxxxxxxxxxx
Fulfillment Information:
Fulfillment #: xxxxxx
Description: Sony SxS Memory Card
Quantity: 1
Shipped Via: UPS
Submission Origin: Standard Submission
For further assistance please call (866) 881-1114

I did send emails to Sony Pro Support and B&H customer service, so maybe that expedited my processing. I'll let you all know if I have any other news.

Michael Bender
January 20th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I just checked the rebate page today, and I noticed that my SxS card
has been shipped via UPS, although there is no tracking information:

Rebate Details
Claim ID: 12345678
Business Name: Videos R Us (not really ;-)
Customer Name: MICHAEL BENDER
Address: 100 SxS Lane, Flashmemoryville, CA
Postmark Date: 12/20/2007
Claim Status: Received, Submission is being processed
Pre-Qualification Code: 000000000000
Fulfillment Information:
Fulfillment #: 00000000

I also didn't receive any e-mail notification that they shipped it.

I also talked with my B&H and Sony reps, I'm not sure if that had
anything to do with having the rebate processor ship the card out
any faster.

mike

Michael Bender
January 22nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
I just called the rebate processor and asked if the "Shipped Via: UPS" meant that the SxS card had already shipped, or that it was going to ship. The rep told me that the card was going to ship soon, and that once it shipped, there would be a tracking number on the website.

Bill Heslip
January 22nd, 2008, 11:11 PM
Is anyone else still getting "claim not found" when checking the rebate site? I was promised a full week ago that "it will be straighted out before the end of the day". Repeated calls elicit the same "everything is fine" response, but given their track record thus far, I'm seriously doubting anything verbal from them.

A can't get a break!

Eric Pascarelli
January 22nd, 2008, 11:25 PM
I still get "claim not found," and was given the same verbal assurances.

And, like you, I'm doubtful.

Craig Seeman
January 22nd, 2008, 11:36 PM
I still get "claim not found" so I'm going to make a follow up all AGAIN soon.

I still get "claim not found," and was given the same verbal assurances.

And, like you, I'm doubtful.

Andrew Wilson
January 23rd, 2008, 09:23 AM
I got a "we haven't received your materials yet e-mail" but my tracking number tells me it was delivered 3 days ago. I called the number and they told me that it can take 4 weeks from when they get the materials to when it shows up on the rebate center.

That sounded pretty lame to me. In the days of bar codes and pre-registration, my info should be up on the website 3 minutes after someone opens that envelope.

I mean, FedEX.com tells me my package has been delivered 10 minutes after I sign for it and show me my signature.

Michael Bender
January 23rd, 2008, 02:17 PM
So the process marches on, now my SxS rebate claim status has changed to "Approved", but still no UPS tracking number on the website:

Rebate Details
Claim ID: xxx
Business Name: BIT VIDEO
Customer Name: MICHAEL BENDER
Address: xxx
Postmark Date: 12/20/2007
Claim Status: Approved
Pre-Qualification Code: xxx
Fulfillment Information:
Fulfillment #: xxx
Ship Date: 1/22/2008

Vince Gaffney
January 23rd, 2008, 02:57 PM
Mine is much the same as yours as of today.

vince

Craig Seeman
January 23rd, 2008, 04:02 PM
Even though I'm still getting "Claim Not Found" on the web, I called Sony and they informed me the card shipped to me yesterday via UPS even though the web says Fed EX (I told them the web says Claim Not Found). They do not have a tracking number.

Michael Bender
January 23rd, 2008, 09:00 PM
I called today (1/23) and the rebate center rep told me that my card had shipped yesterday (1/22) but she was unable to provide me with a tracking number nor information on what shipping method and service was used.

This does seem like a pretty cavalier attitude given that the SxS card they are sending has a list price of some smaller DV cameras! You would think it would be everyone's best interest if the rebate center ran a much tighter ship when it comes to tracking such an expensive rebate item.

mike

Michael Bender
January 23rd, 2008, 09:13 PM
Here is a copy of the e-mail that I wrote to the customer service folks at the Sony rebate processor:

Dear Sony Rebate Center,
I am writing to you concerning my experience trying to obtain
shipping and tracking information on the Sony SxS card that is
sent to the customer on your rebate promotion:

I called today (1/23) and the rebate center rep told me that my card
had shipped yesterday (1/22) but she was unable to provide me with a
tracking number nor information on what shipping method and service
was used. The web site was also devoid of details, other than to
specify that the card was shipped by UPS; however this information
is suspect since another person that is also expecting a card called
the rebate center and was told that the card was shipped via a
different method than what the website said for their rebate info.

This does seem like a pretty cavalier attitude given that the SxS card
that you are sending has a list price of approximately $600. Without
shipping and tracking information, you have no idea if I received the
card, and I have no recourse if the card is not delivered to me. I also
can not be sure to be available when the shipping service delivery
person delivers the card. Do I need to sign for it? If not, what proof
is there that it was ever delivered to me? If I do need to sign for
it, I would certainly like to know when I need to be present at my
studio to sign for it - I am out in the field quite a bit, and it's a
large inconvenience to have to sit around waiting for this card
without knowing when it is scheduled to arrive nor how it is going to
be delivered to me.

I think it would be everyone's best interest if the rebate center ran
a much tighter ship when it comes to tracking such an expensive rebate
item. I am hoping that you will fix your processes to be much more
customer friendly, especially to customers such as myself that have
spent almost $7000 on a camera and have had to endure weeks of
frustration with both Sony and the rebate center due to mixed up
offer starting dates and serial numbers. Handling something as simple
as a rebate should *not* be this difficult.

thanks,
mike

It will probably get filed in the Round File, but, hey, you've gotta try, right?

BTW, I also Cc:'ed the e-mail to my contact at Sony that has helped with the serial number fiasco.

Bill Heslip
January 23rd, 2008, 09:47 PM
Every call is a bag of surprises!

Hi, I'm calling about claim #xxxxxx
Everything is fine with your claim, sir.

Can you tell me when it might ship?
I'm sorry, we're not allowed to give shipping estimates.

Why doesn't my claim show up on your website?
Our site was probably down.

But I've tried 20 times over 2 weeks.
It's down a lot, sir.

Not everyone is having difficulty. Will you have (supervisor) call me?
Can you hold, please?

45 seconds tick by...

Sir? I see that your rebate is scheduled to ship in a few days, but I have no further details. Do you still want a supervisor to call?
Yes, please.

and so on....

A $2 razor-blade rebate is run better. Sony should be embarrassed.

Michael Bender
January 24th, 2008, 12:08 AM
I just received an e-mail from my contact Sony (it's 9:45PM here in California, so he is working some serious OT ;-) and this is what he said:

Hey Mike,

Once again, I apologize. I will fix this.

I've really got to hand it to Sony, it seems that when you bring things to their attention, they get right on the problem and try to get it fixed.

mike

Vince Gaffney
January 24th, 2008, 12:18 PM
My memory card just arrived via UPS. As of 30 minutes ago there was no tracking number posted on the Sony site with my rebate info. Nice surprise.

vince

Christopher Witz
January 24th, 2008, 02:57 PM
mine just arrived 10 mins ago.... total shock!.... should I take back all the bad mojo I was spreading? My cup is back to half full!