View Full Version : Moods of Norway 2

Geir Inge
December 28th, 2007, 11:43 AM
I have put together another one of my moods from the west coast of Norway.
My plans are to make 2008, the year of otter filming and some more canoe touring around the islets where I live.
Wish everyone at Under Water - Over Land a Happy New Year.

QT link: Moods of Norway 2 (http://home.tussa.com/gibb/gibb/Stemning2qt.mov)
WMV link: Moods of Norway 2 (http://home.tussa.com/gibb/gibbwmv/Stemning2wmv.wmv)

Geir Inge

Chris Barcellos
December 28th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Geir:

We must not be working you hard enough at UWOL.... Very nice footage and a nice feel provided by a great editing job and some nice music.

Brendan Marnell
December 29th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Very pleasant Geir.
I look forward to more of your views of Norway's coastline and wildlife.

Dale Guthormsen
December 29th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Geir,

I enjoyed watching your Moods 2, actually some clever editing involved, directionally speaking. The music is wonderful and i was wonering if that was smartsound generated or piece you selected.

I look forward to the thirty minute version to put on dvd and add to my collection!!!

Keep up the great work, and keep sharing as you build onto it.

Geir Inge
December 29th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Thank you for comments.

Dale
Yes, it is Smartsound or Sonicfire pro 4 as I use it as a stand alone prg.
I'm working on a project from the area where I live and it will be finished, at least I hope so, in 2009. In 2008 I will try to do some more otter film, some more canoe stuff and a little trip on The Coaster (Hurtigruta).

And I think (and hope) Meryem will cook up some great challenges for us as well.

Geir Inge

Dale Guthormsen
December 30th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Geir,

Had the thought: If each of us undertook a project like this just think of the composite we could make: "The UWOL World as we know it". it truly would be a great mini series on the world!!!

I have one started, lots of prairie footage not to edit stage yet though.

Oliver Reik
January 6th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Geir Inge,

what a peaceful an enjoyable movie.

I will travel to Norway this summer and am currently browsing through various related websites - you live in a truly incredible country! I am already very excited because of the journey. :)

With best regards,

Oliver

Geir Inge
January 6th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Thank you for comments Oliver.
I hope you will have a nice time in Norway this summer.
Many web sites to look into, but if you google "Visit Norway", I think you will get plenty of tip for your holliday.

Geir Inge

Bob Thompson
January 6th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Geir,

Lovely work on the video. Two points that I have firstly, is it possible to start the shot with the boat going out of frame on the right, a little earlier and secondly as much as I like the 1st shot it always bothers me about seeing eggs in a nest. I know you didn't disturb the bird but the shot is so beautiful that it may encourage others to try and take similar shots .

Cheers and Happy 2008

Bob

Geir Inge
January 7th, 2008, 04:02 AM
Hi Bob and thank you for comments.

This is a short from a larger project I'm working on.
Hope to finish it in 2009.

About the nest, I understand what you mean and I have the same thoughts that you have - we're on the same side :)

I had permission to film in this area and the birds are used to people, they had no harm.

On the other hand, as a wildlife videographer I think we are bound to show people film from places they seldome go. To do so we often have to film animals behaviour, killing but also birth.

What I always have in mind is to be careful about it and not disturbing the animals - my rule nr one so to speak.

Per Johan Naesje
January 7th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Geir Inge,
I finally got to look at your stemning2-video and as always very pleasant to look at. You got a very nice editing to this one.

To all: I was visiting Geir Inge last summer, he was showing me some of his secret places. And I can tell you, his places are breathtaking and if his plan succeed we have some very very spectacular scenes to look forward to.

Keep up your good work, I'm a big supporter to you!