View Full Version : RTX2 and XL1S

Alan Van Vliet
January 6th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I am considering the Matrox RT.X2 and have been unable to determine if this card is compatible with the Canon XL1S and the older JVC HR-DVS2U deck.

Matrox has good documentation on system requirements and loads of other info, but I have been unable to locate this info. I've tried JVC as well as Canon...

Anyone know of any resources?

Thanks, Al

Peter Jefferson
January 7th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Yes, it is supported, as these cameras are seen as basic DV devices.
The issue however is whether or not you need an RT2 or just a "lowly" RTx100 s/h

Matrox always offer trade up deals so it might be wise to check with your stockist about any current deals available, as by buying a s/h Matrox or even a Canopus card might bring on some hefty discounts to an RT2

Ed Smith
January 7th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I would not see it as being to much of a problem. If you are really concerned contact a dealer that'll let you connect your cameras to it.

Alan Van Vliet
January 8th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Ed,

Thanks for your reply.

I am mostly interested in determining if the device control will work on the JVC as it is an older unit and I really do not want to replace it at this time.

I may take the deck to a dealer and see if it will work.

Regards, AL

Alan Van Vliet
January 8th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Peter,

Good thoughts.

I shoot instructional tennis videos and do very simple editing but need high quality slow motion capability and also wanted to have the ability to upgrade to HD at some time.

I had not even considered another card and was not aware of the upgrades. I will take a look at the RTx100 s/h.

Thanks, Al