View Full Version : Best 24p prosumer solution for a training dvd

Phil Gosselin
January 8th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Hi all,

I have a very nice project about a training dvd, the budget is quite nice and my client wants a really nice output.

I was juggling between HD or not and now I don't think I will go down the HD road yet. Here in Quebec, HD hasn't caught on with the general public as opposed to our american friends. In any case a regular dvd will still be good for a long number of years seeing as how HDDVD or BLu-ray players are backward compatible.

Anywho since I won't use HD I was thinking about a true 24p format, give this training video a real nice film look. So is there an camera that can shoot in a true 24p in SD format. My dop doesn't seem to think this is the best option but post production guy agree with me and doesn't see the need for a 4.2.2 shoot at this point.

Any suggestion

Phil

Chris Barcellos
January 8th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Use Canon A1 or other 24p HDV camera, capture and edit with with Cineform NeoHDV, then render out to a SD 24p.

Phil Gosselin
January 8th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Hi Chris,

The goal here was not to use an HDV codec, do you think it is possible to take advantage of the high bandwidth of say DVCPRO50 but still shoot it in 24P.