View Full Version : P2 16gb Update for MacbookPro user -- Los Angeles peeps..?

Justin Connor
January 10th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I have an HVX and just sold my 8 gig cards and traded up for 16 gb cards.

I have a P2 Store as well...and when i called Panavision here in Los Angeles they said it would be 260.00 or more to update my cards, Camera, and P2 store to use the 16 gb cards....?!?!? Say what?

Does anyone live in LA that can help me with such a process? From what I understand online you need an SD card/PCI slot for the update, and since I do not have a G4 and now have a MacBookPro, how do I update my 16gb cards and corresponding gear to use the new cards?

Can anyone help me out?

If so, thanks in advance -- I would love some feedback on this as I am having trouble figuring out how tis works.

Thanks,
Justin Connor

Kit Hannah
January 10th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I thought you could update things from the P2 cards... But if you don't have an SD slot and do infact need that to do it, get you an external usb SD card reader for like $10. They are probably charging you the money to update because they probably think that you want THEM to do it, which usually means they charge for labor and things.

What do you mean by PCI slot? PCI slots are found on desktop computers. I don't see how a PCI slot would have anything to do with updating your camera...maybe "P2" slot?

Jon Fairhurst
January 11th, 2008, 01:52 AM
Maybe he means a PC CARD or PCMCIA slot. Most laptops have these.

David Saraceno
January 11th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Both Panasonic's web site and the manual provide pretty simple instructions for updating the cam's firmware.

Don't have a p2 store, but I understand the process is similar.

Shawn Alyasiri
January 14th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Justin,

What clown sold you his 16gb cards? You must have gotten a sweet deal!
Just kidding - I saw your post out here, and thought I'd give you trouble... Glad they're working out for you. My (10) 32's are under lock and key.

I thought you said you found a cheap way to do it on the Mac side after all? The process via PC has been painless on everything so far (200, 800, 2000, HPM100).

Happy shooting,
Shawn

TingSern Wong
January 14th, 2008, 11:29 PM
You are in luck ... try taking a look at this one ...
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=112399