View Full Version : TLCS settings

Piotr Wozniacki
January 30th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Am I missing something, or are the TLCS backlight/spotlight settings unfuctional on my EX1? The manual is very sparse on that - perhaps they only work in certain conditions (like full auto mode)?

EDIT: My bad; it works only very slowly - have increased the tracing speed in the menu from 50 to 75, for a more instant effect... Very nice!

Leonard Levy
January 30th, 2008, 01:22 PM
What is the TLCS anyway?

Piotr Wozniacki
January 30th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Total Level Control System.

Keith Malone
February 19th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Hi Piotr ,

Have you figured out how to turn TLCS off? There only seems to be a spotlight, backlight or standard settting. I'm sceptical whether "standard" means "off"!!

Keith

Piotr Wozniacki
February 19th, 2008, 02:45 PM
When you have manual iris, AGC OFF, Auto shutter OFF than the TLCS is OFF by its very definition (the backlight/spotlight are unfunctional). In fact, when not using it at all, you can even selectively remove it from the display.

I sometimes use auto iris (if only to check what TLCS "thinks" it should be), so I have it always displayed. Never run into any conflict with it, though.

Craig Seeman
February 19th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I turned TLCS off on my display. I can still use Auto Iris to see what it thinks is good.

When you have manual iris, AGC OFF, Auto shutter OFF than the TLCS is OFF by its very definition (the backlight/spotlight are unfunctional). In fact, when not using it at all, you can even selectively remove it from the display.

I sometimes use auto iris (if only to check what TLCS "thinks" it should be), so I have it always displayed. Never run into any conflict with it, though.

Piotr Wozniacki
February 19th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I turned TLCS off on my display. I can still use Auto Iris to see what it thinks is good.

Yes of course. But I have one of the assignable button set to Backlight (quite useful sometimes), and without TLCS icon I wouldn't know when it's engaged...