View Full Version : Issue with capture from DVX100

Alexander Gerson
February 6th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I recently purchased a used DVX100. I'm somewhat new to this camera as I've only used a DVX a few other times. The camera seems to be in good shape and has 750 hours on it. I can't, however, seem to get the camera to export to my computer through Final Cut Express. I've tried both 4-pin to 6-pin and 4-pin to 9-pin firewire cables with no luck. The previous owner said that he never had a problem and that it should work. Does anybody have any ideas? I know both firewire ports on my computer work as I've used them before (never for video)
Thanks
Alex

Matt Stahley
February 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Could be the firewire port on your camera is blown. Or your cables are bad. do you have another camera to try and import footage?

Alexander Gerson
February 6th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Could be the firewire port on your camera is blown. Or your cables are bad. do you have another camera to try and import footage?
Matt, thanks for the response. I've tried three different cables, two 4 to 6 pin and one 4 to 9 pin, so I don't think it's that. Hoping it's not the camera. The previous owner did tell me that he never had any issues (not sure if I believe him now though!). I'm going to try taking both batteries out the the camera to do a hard reset to see if that works.

Patrick Bower
February 7th, 2008, 05:20 PM
It might be the firewire port on the computer. My motherboard ports would not recognise the camera, although they worked with other devices, even other DV cameras. I had to fit a PCI card with firewire ports. Try connecting it to another computer, e.g. a laptop.
Patrick