View Full Version : XL2 and Lowepro Photo Trekker AW II

Ron Chant
February 19th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Can any of you guys tell me if the XL2 will fit into the Lowepro Photo Trekker AW II and if there would be any room for a zoom lens 100x 500mm plus accessories tapes batteries etc.

Richard Hunter
February 19th, 2008, 06:31 PM
When I had an XL2, I managed to fit it into a Nature Trekker, but it had to be dismantled and I doubt if I could have gotten another lens inside. If the Photo Trekker is smaller I don't think the XL2 will fit, and if it is bigger it will probably not be accepted as a carry on bag (may not be important to you of course).

Richard

Ron Stoecklein
February 19th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I use the Xl2 with the PT AW II without taking it apart--there is also room for my 100-400 with ef adapter and wireless mike and filters and tapes---the fit is tight --the finder is jammed pretty tight to the top--and you wouldn't want to put anything on top of the case--but you wouldn't want to do that anyways!!!

I have to say that for traveling I prefer using the Road Warrior AW as it has the rolling wheels and you can still carry on.

Ron Chant
February 20th, 2008, 04:19 AM
Thank you Richard and Ron for the information,

it’s good that I can keep the cam in one piece, I’ve been using the large Kata shoulder bag which is bit awkward and tiresome walking any distance,

I will order one today.
Thanx again