View Full Version : Favorite arm for mounting BT-LH80W to HPX500?

Peter Richardson
February 22nd, 2008, 07:47 PM
Hey guys,

I'm looking for recommendations on an arm to mount my monitor to my HPX. I was going to get the Panasonic BT-Mount, but they are special order everywhere and I need this sooner. Any suggestions or favorites? Thanks!

Peter

Robert Lane
February 22nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
When it comes to any type of camera mounting system my fav has always been the Zacuto system, especially the one designed for the 2/3"inch cameras since it can be transferred to any of them.

Peter Richardson
February 23rd, 2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks Robert! Looks like Zacuto is the way to go.

Peter

Dan Brockett
February 23rd, 2008, 03:35 PM
Zacuto stuff is definitely the "Gold Standard" for any mounting, rods, rails, shoulder mounts, etc. Their stuff is leagues better than any of the competition and it costs leagues more than the competition. You get what you pay for.

Dan

Peter Richardson
February 23rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks Dan.

I just spec'd out what I'd need from Zacuto. Tell me if this sounds right:

1. 1 x ZAmerican Small
2. 2 x ZicroMount

Does this sound right? Those three items come to a whopping $385, not including shipping, which seems absolutely ridiculous considering I can get a Noga arm for $130 approx. I guess this is the price paid for the "Gold Standard." Anyway, before I place an order, I just want to make sure this is going to work with my setup. Thanks!

Peter

Darrin Altman
February 23rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
And Zacuto has the best customer service you will find. I had a problem with a Z Arm and needed it for a shoot and they sent me one overnight and I sent back the original a few days later.

No questions asked.

Dan Brockett
February 23rd, 2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks Dan.

I just spec'd out what I'd need from Zacuto. Tell me if this sounds right:

1. 1 x ZAmerican Small
2. 2 x ZicroMount

Does this sound right? Those three items come to a whopping $385, not including shipping, which seems absolutely ridiculous considering I can get a Noga arm for $130 approx. I guess this is the price paid for the "Gold Standard." Anyway, before I place an order, I just want to make sure this is going to work with my setup. Thanks!

Peter

Hi Peter:

My advice would be to call them on Monday to confirm. Their stuff is sort of like Legos and can be configured a number of ways. They will ask you exactly what you are trying to accomplish and then they will tell you exactly what you need to do it.

Sounds right to me, but call them to make sure.

Dan