View Full Version : HV10 availability?

Colin Gould
February 26th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Hi guys,
I'm very happy w/ my HV10 so far, and have been recommending it to a few friends/coworkers who want a small, compact HDV camcorder for vacations etc...

However, seems the HV10 availability has shrunk now finally. I can't find it on any dvinfo sponsor stores, nor Amazon/retail stores. (Amazon only has from 3rd-party dealers now.)

Does anyone have a line on reputable, decent-price dealers/stores who still carry it, especially internet or N.California?

(If posting about non-sponsor sites is against the rules, please PM me instead, but I *have* checked BHPhoto and Zotz/videoguys etc on the sponsor list already.)

I'd recommend the HV20/30 to them in meantime of course, but they both like the very compact size for travelling, and aren't interested in the 24p etc features.

Thanks!

Chris Hurd
February 26th, 2008, 01:58 PM
The HV10 was discontinued quite awhile back. It's no longer made. Therefore your chances of locating an unsold HV10 new-in-the-box are slim to none. Your best bet is to find a used one in good working condition.

Andy Gruszka
February 26th, 2008, 02:00 PM
beachcamera dot com still has them.

Ian Thomas
February 26th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Colin

Iam in the uk and there is a company selling on ebay refurbished HV10 + other Canon camcorders, and in the last few weeks there been quite few for sale, just bought one for £290 these cameras are new and this is my second one with no problems

seems to be plenty about here

Colin Gould
February 26th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks all!

from scanning other threads, seems like the HV20 might get scarce soon as well... will keep in mind.

Love my cam, and this forum, in the meantime :)

Craig Chartier
February 26th, 2008, 02:56 PM
the HV10 an 20 make great ingest decks for the canon 24f mode footage. since canon will not make a deck. these units were picked up quickly for that purpose.

Adam Bauser
April 14th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I picked my HV10 up as a display model at Circuit City a few months back. It's a great ingest deck for the price. I use it to feed 1080 footage shot with Sony cameras. I've also used it as a second camera for grabbing broll on my documentary shoots. I love it. If it had a mic input, I'd love it even more.

Sean James
April 14th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks all!

from scanning other threads, seems like the HV20 might get scarce soon as well... will keep in mind.

Love my cam, and this forum, in the meantime :)

It actually has risen in price, too. When the hv30 came out, prices for the hv20 dropped, but then suddenly rose again.

Jonathan Plotkin
April 15th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I saw an HV10 on close-out at CC today in Syracuse, NY. I think the price was $550.

Yang Wen
April 16th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I might be willing to part with my 5 month old HV10 that I've only ran 2 tapes thru..

I think the HV20/30 suite me better

Fergus Anderson
August 6th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Hi guys

Just an update in case anyone is still looking for an HV10

I bought one in the UK when it came out and soon after purchased the HV20. I now have the Canon 550d and rarely use the HV20. The HV10 has only been used by me for approx 7 hours and is in mint condition. It is boxed with all the leads. It comes with a spare battery and a UV filter. It also has a circular polariser and official canon bag which fits it perfectly. I also have a raynox wide angle lens but I will probably sell that seperately.

If anyone is interested give me a shout.

Cheers
Fergus