View Full Version : XDCAM transfer + FCP

Leonard Levy
March 8th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I'm sure this has been asked before but here goes anyway.

How do you solve the problem of DXCAM transfer importing duplicate files of each shot into Final Cut Pro 6.0.2 ?

Also is it recommended to import into Pro Res HQ codec or what?

Lenny Levy

Dean Sensui
March 8th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Version 2.5.1 -seems- to solve the problem of duplicate clips.

For me the problem was somewhat sporadic so I can't tell if it's been absolutely solved.

Leonard Levy
March 9th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Hmm - I have 2.5.1

Dean Sensui
March 11th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Looks like it still doesn't function properly.

Someone in a different forum suggested the file transfer program be launched independently and then the folder is imported into FCP.

Oyvind Stokkan
March 11th, 2008, 05:07 AM
I just import the clips to a folder and then to my project. keeps duplicating clips - also in 2.5.1. Should have option to import prores422 as well. or apple should integrate xdcam transfer into FCP

Craig Seeman
March 11th, 2008, 06:40 AM
FCP actually allows you to render in ProRes with certain codecs. Go into your sequence settings and you can change render in source codec to render in ProRes. This is only available for HDV, XDCAM formats including the EX.

If you want to change the entire files to ProRes this is going to be a render. You can certainly do that though.

Dean Sensui
March 11th, 2008, 01:20 PM
You can also convert clips in a sequence via Media Manager.

Gregor Baumann
March 13th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I don't think the duplicate clips refeer to XDcam transfer. The problem seems to be inside FCP... If I import a few clips, then it functions, but if I import several more clips, there appear doubleclips! IMO that's a XML-import problem.

Scott Vystrcil
March 24th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Does any one else have this problem? Is there a fix in the works. This is really frustrating when you are working with over 100 clips and duplicates make the list longer.

I have also noticed, that if you view the bin in thumbnails, the duplicated do not show up, BUT when you try and drag a clip to the timeline that has a duplicate, it won't drop. You have to go back in list mode and drag the "right" file to get it on the timeline.

Don Greening
March 24th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Does any one else have this problem?

Yes, and so do lots of other people. But not all clips become duplicated in the browser list view, just most of them. There's no rhyme nor reason why some clips import properly and others don't but the problem remains. I just delete all clip imports from the browser and then use FCP's own import command to re-import the files. Then we're good to go.

- Don