View Full Version : Best DVD Duplicator Controllers?

Jeff Kearney
March 20th, 2008, 12:11 AM
I bought a 4 DVD duplicator from a small online company a couple of years ago. It has consistently driven me crazy ever since I bought it. The issue is basically that it creates coasters half the time I try to load it with more than 1 blank DVD, although it has failed with just 1 blank DVD. It will basically just stop in the burn process - 10%, 20%, 40%, whatever - and it won't eject any discs when this happens. I have to turn it off an then back on, and I can eventually get the blanks out, but they are then worthless. I thought it was the DVD-R's I was using. I have tried all sorts of DVD-R brands: started out with SKC, switched to Fuji, then finally Verbatim's and they all had the same problem. Finally, tonight I tried to duplicate Taiyo Yuden Watershield blanks. I first tried one and it worked, but when I stepped up to 2, they failed at 36%. I am not in the mood to waste any more of these premium blanks.

After I first bought the machine, the company (whose name I don't remember and don't even know if they still exist) sent me a CD to download their latest driver, which they thought would solve the problem. It didn't - the same 30-40% failure rate still existed. I believe the problem may be associated with the controller and/or its software, and I would like to replace it with a reliable controller from a maker that takes care to make updates for its software. My duplicator has four Pioneer DVR-111D drives and a 250GB HD. I just want to salvage all the other components and replace what I think is the problem.

Does any one have any controller suggestions or links that list the latest controllers and their reliability? Suggestions on installation? Or even ideas of what else may be the problem? I refuse to believe my coaster rate is the norm for these duplicators, and I JUST WANT THIS THING TO WORK RIGHT!!