View Full Version : How To Spot my Cursor (fast)

Paul Fierlinger
March 24th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I have my Vegas GUI spread over 3 monitors and it is often a pain to relocate my cursor. I've heard of all sorts of ways to deal with this but never paid attention to it. Now I'm tired of the nuisance and will pay attention. Will someone please point me in the right direction?

Ray Johnston
March 24th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Paul,

With WinXP you can change the mouse properties to show location of the pointer when you push the CTRL key. When you push the CTRL key it flashes a much larger "target" around the cursor. That's what I use on my lowly 1 or 2 monitor setups (3? - Geez!!).

Hope this helps!

Oops! I re-read what your question is, and I may have misinterpreted...

You are probably talking about the Vegas time/frame cursor? Sorry, I don't know the answer for that.

Ray Johnston

Paul Fierlinger
March 24th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Ray, you answered my question. Thanks. I have three monitors more for the way I work in my graphics program so Vegas just gets a free ride. There I find myself really working on just two of them in most cases so you're not missing out on anything.

Jon Fairhurst
March 24th, 2008, 04:47 PM
If you are a keyboard (vs. mouse) person (like me), you can use alt-tab to select Vegas as the active app, and alt-0 to select the timeline. You can then often work with the keyboard, and you won't care where the mouse cursor is located.

If you use a tablet, the cursor location is also less of a problem. Tablets use absolute position, rather than relative and will automatically scale to cover all three monitors.

Paul Fierlinger
March 24th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Jon, the Ctrl key is just what fits my needs. I switch too often between Mirage and Vegas (several times a minute, quite often) to want to select a primary application -- and the Ctrl function suits my needs in Mirage as well.