View Full Version : No WMV rendering...

Paul Kenyon
March 26th, 2008, 04:29 AM
HI I am fairly new to Vegas but it seems pretty straightforward in the main. I am workign on an Dell XPS 720 H2C - quite a beefy machine and everything has been fine up to now.

Today I went to render a project as a WMV and I keep getting an error message saying that there are no templates for the selected projectthe he media may not support it.

I am sure this is about codec but I have everythign I can find installed and can't seem to find a similar issue on your forums.

Can anyone help?

When I go into the custom template window and select video and then format the drop down list is completely empty!

Please help!

Paul

Paul Kellett
March 26th, 2008, 04:39 AM
Hi Paul.
You've got footage on the timeline yes ?
Ok. So you doing, File>Render as>Save as type>Windows Media Video V9(WMV)

Paul.

Paul Kenyon
March 26th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Hi Paul,

Yes there is a project all set out in the timeline. On one of them I used AVCHD (.m2ts files I believe) from my Sony SR1 and on another it was simply a string of jpegs.

Yes as you described I am going to save as wmv but thats when the error message comes back.

Regards

Edward Troxel
March 26th, 2008, 07:23 AM
If the presets are not there, there is something wrong with your system. They are there in a standard Vegas installation. I would try installing Vegas again.

Paul Kenyon
March 28th, 2008, 06:59 AM
OK did a complete reinstall and still not presets. Anything else you would suggest? I had version 8d installed previous but just install 8 this time to see if that made a difference...it didn't.

Ian Briscoe
March 28th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Paul

You had version 8d installed???? You mean 7d?

Ian

Paul Kenyon
March 28th, 2008, 01:13 PM
hmmm... I seem to recall installing an update labelled d. Is the latest version 8.0c? If so would 7.0d installed over the top and screwed my build? I will install the latest update and see if I can get any joy.

Paul Kenyon
March 28th, 2008, 01:16 PM
No just checked at the website it is definately version 8.0d.

Mike Kujbida
March 28th, 2008, 01:23 PM
If it makes a difference, Paul is running Vegas Movie Studio Platinum, not Vegas Pro 8. The version number twigged me to it.

Paul Kenyon
March 28th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Ah, sorry - perhaps I should of mentioned that. Also I am in Vista if thats makes any difference. :-)

Ian Briscoe
March 28th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Ah - apologies for being presumptious.

But just think how good Vegas Pro will be by the time it gets to 8d......

Ian

Paul Kenyon
March 29th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Another error message coming back says that I do not have the neccesary window media video codecs? Where can I obtain these?

Jeremiah Rickert
March 30th, 2008, 03:40 AM
That's pretty strange that you don't have windows media codecs. They come with Windows, even Vista.

You can search for the K-Lite codec pack and install that. It has a pretty good pile of codecs.

Also, maybe you don't have windows media player installed? Under add/remove go to windows components if it's not there.

It's a real head-scratcher that WMV support isn't built-in. (unless it's a quirk with the UK version of Vista?)

Paul Kenyon
March 30th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Then this will do your noodle. Everythign seemed to work fine for a while. I have Window Media Player installed and thats still works fine. I have installed the codecs you suggested and that makes no difference. Vegas still tells me that the templates are missing or not compatible and thats after a complete reinstall!

Its beginning to do my fruit because I like to render videos for streaming to my xbox and wmv works best for that.

Any other ideas anyone? I am getting desperate and considering an OS reinstall...

Seth Bloombaum
March 30th, 2008, 01:29 PM
...Any other ideas anyone? I am getting desperate and considering an OS reinstall...
I really have no idea what's happening here.

One possible workaround - install the freeware Windows Media Encoder 9 from Microsoft. If you can't encode from this, then yes, an OS reinstall may be needed (ouch!).

OTOH, if encodes from WME are working, you might then try vegas again.

Paul Kenyon
April 1st, 2008, 03:19 PM
I installed windows encoder and tried to convert the avi fiel I had rendered in Vegas to a WMV file but I got an error message saying
" The requested audi codec is not installed on this system. (0xc00d0bc2)@

Any thoughts?

Seth Bloombaum
April 1st, 2008, 07:58 PM
If there's nothing special about the source AVI codecs (try something plain like a AVI-DV25)...

Then I guess you have one sick puppy of a system - corrupted OS?

Maybe before killing the patient to cure it, you should try a reload and/or update of your sound card drivers?

Sorry I'm otherwise out of ideas. Windows Media Encoder comes with codecs... and it only exposes codec choices that you actually have.