View Full Version : Problem with MP4 file

Chris Barnes
March 29th, 2008, 10:58 PM
I have rendered a file to MP4 format and I can view the file with Windows Media Player. The file was rendered as Main COncept AVC/AAC using the Apple iPod 640 x 480 Video template. I would now like to make a copy of the file on a DVD and view on another computer. What is the best technique to do this? When I tried to just copy the file to the DVD drive, I got the error message "Windows encountered a provlem when trying to copy the file. Type: MPEG-4 Media File Size 746 MB".

Am I doing something stupid or am I on a totally wrong path? What is the best way to get the file on DVD media? Is there a tool that does this easily?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris Barnes

Douglas Spotted Eagle
March 29th, 2008, 11:34 PM
you sure you had a DVD in the burner and not a CD? File size is too big for CD, and given that burning an AVCHD/MPEG 4 file to a data disc is no big thing...

Graham Bernard
March 31st, 2008, 01:07 AM
I would now like to make a copy of the file on a DVD and view on another computer. What is the best technique to do this?

For this type of plain file transfer I don't bother with DVDs anymore. Get a 2>4GB USB stick. Done. Unless you have a need for DVD media. And yes, 746 MB is awfully close to what is CD limits.

Solid state file sharing - there's gonna be more coming.

Grazie

Chris Barnes
March 31st, 2008, 03:08 PM
Yes, it is a DVD that I am trying to burn to. I just tried the drag and drop ability in Windows Explorer to get the file transferred. I was able to move the file from one disk drive to another, just not to a DVD.

Is there a preferred tool to do this?