View Full Version : XL-H1S/A - new lens, same chromatic aberration?

Marlon Martins
April 20th, 2008, 09:10 PM
hi, i was ready to buy XL-H1 a wile ago, but the CA ive seen in sample videos just make me pull the plug on buying it.

now, a new lens has arrived.

some one has compared this new lens with old lens?

this is the only factor that stop me from buying it. i was using gy-dv5000 for years with a canon 16x lens, i i just love it. i have no CA at all.

ive searched a few months ago and i believe there's no "mecanical" lens avaliable like on my old cam to use with XL-H1S/A

tnks in advance.

Pete Bauer
April 21st, 2008, 07:41 AM
No reviews. The new XL cameras and the new lens are not available yet.

Richard Alvarez
April 21st, 2008, 08:19 AM
my production partner in Houston uses his 16x manual with his XLH1 and it looks terrific. I sat in on an edit session yesterday, and looked at footage he shot using his pro-35 adapter intercutting with some b-roll shot with the 16x manual, and it held up beautifully.

Robert Sanders
April 22nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
You won't buy the camera because of some minor chromatic aberration? Then that just about excludes 90% of all cameras out there.

Any lens completely free of CA will be extraordinarily expensive and mostly like in the 2/3" class (read $30K) or the PL class.

If you don't like the stock lens then replace it with something else. Isn't that the whole point of purchasing an XL class camera?